Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Small bits and pieces

Bilbo

Hi All

I have been tidying up the garage...... have a few new bits and some old ones I no longer need........ all up for reasonable offers plus postage.

New KN filter still in box

Old KN filter body

New Oil filter GFE 210

New 2no Lucas Distributor caps. top connectors. DDB 108

New 3 NGK BP8EV have not found the 4th..... yet

Standard roll bar (under offer)

FIA bar bought circa 1990 fits early de-dion think its ok for live axel 🤔 Delayed as new roll bar not ready. but (SOLD)

Standard early rack its done say 20,000 miles was still OK when it came off the car.

VDO oil pressure gauge

VDO rev counter.

ADDED Front Vauhall race ARB with green rubber mounts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW Lucas contactor less electronic ignition distributor kit rotary arm Lucas DEB 105. This is for the original BDR ignition kit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Window screen wiper motor and rack. (SOLD)

3No 45 mm 45DCOE trumpets plus one with a dent. (SOLD)

Bit tatty pair of black Caterham 4 Point Harness NOT the quick release FIA. (SOLD)

4 BDR conrods (SOLD)

BDR crankshaft and Cast Iron flywheel . (SOLD)

Standard BDR inlet and exhaust valves. (SOLD)

BDR inlet cam (SOLD)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOT 7 Related

3 NGK BP GEF S have not found the 4th.... yet.

Old double 16 ft wood sided Youngman's D rung ladder. I was still using it last spring.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Edited by - bilbo on 14 Mar 2004 18:24:19

Edited by - Bilbo on 20 Mar 2004 19:41:47

Edited by - bilbo on 21 Mar 2004 20:55:42

Hi all

Have to confess I had not expected a quick response. I was going to look over old postings for the going rate. If you want to make an offer in keeping with these posts its fine.

AdamHay Yes the window screen wiper motor and rack was in fine order when last used... no longer required with the Brooklands. err £25 🤔

The FIA bar been re-painted by me satin finish Hamerite as the hood straps scratched the powdercoating. No expert on short cockpit live axle best ask Caterham. Seems the new taller bar is for all early de-dions and live axels. Last one I found was £160 ono. A new one is £235. About half price would be fine £120. 🤔 or say best offer by 20th .

I have to phone Caterham tomorrow anyway so I will ask about short cockpit.

Going off line summond for dinner.

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Does a full windscreen wiper system consist or wiper motor and rack(what you have), wipers, a switch, washer system, and a relay or have I overlooked something? I'm trying to source all the parts for a removable wet-scuttle that's all.

As long as the parts you have are all the mechanical parts for under the scuttle(my asumption), I will happily have them for that price. Could I pick them up next Saturday as I'll be going to Caterham and it's the same neck of the woods to you.

J351 TPE - Battered Old Chassis and some bits!

Hi AdamHay

Motor and rack *thumbup*

Additionally I have a wiper switch still in the dash and a washer switch but would need a couple of blanking plates.

.... not sure about the wipers and arms.. think not. They maybe in the garage err somewhere hence the tidying up about half done. Will look tomorrow evening . Not sure about washer bits but will look.

Saturdays OK possibly picking the roll bar up at Caterham's or at home fitting it.

Edited by - Bilbo on 14 Mar 2004 22:39:02

Bilbo: Wrt wiper stuff - I'm not fussed about switches, and washer stuff. I would just like any mechanical stuff, e.g. motor, rack, and if you could find them, wipers and arms. If you're going to Caterham anyway, let me know what time you'll be there and I'll meet you if that's OK.

J351 TPE - Battered Old Chassis and some bits!

Hi Peter

Sorry no it will not fit short cockpit.

Hi Tim

Err £20…+PP…... actually forgotten what I paid for it at CC. Will check receipt tonight if that seems exspensive. If £20 ok its yours.

Hi Adam

Well I am hoping to get the Roll bar before Saturday. Will E-mail my address tonight. Doupt I will be on line again until 19:00

Regards to all

Tim

YHM

HI Allen

Sorry its 7000 rpm hence the reason I no longer need it. Will you be or hope to be at Lydden 🤔

Hi wrighty

There fine just the same age as the car 1988. Price err....... well not sure of the price they are not the ones on CC site at £120 each or £240 the pair. Reason I changed was I wanted 6 point. The drivers one has the black polished off on the inside of the padding. Passengers little used.

How about £60 the pair + PP 🤔 Postage that might be a bit ..... postage might be £10 or so *confused*

Alternatively make an all in offer. Seems lately every time i post a package it costs more than I expected.

Can get that checked if you like.

Hi

Well of line I have 2 interested in the roll bar but NO offer. I would rather sell to somebody that will collect. Its no good for short cockpits and is not the taller one.... thats what its being replaced with soon...

I had posted best offer by 20th so to fair I sould stick with that.... but I am quite happy if its best offer tomorrow off list ........ I not in to bidding wars more a case of did not really know what to ask.

Hi nic

Well I do not know what I paid for them.... seems from the web £15 to £20 each. If you disagree tell me.

The 4th has a 3 mm deep dent about 15mm dia at the point it meets the carb.... not good. So free... send a picture if you like of them.

They are the alli ones hence the dent.

How about £30 postage included... Thy were only on the car for 500 miles. Not that it matters as they are not a wear out item. Reason for dent .... seems I have dropped something on one of them.

Cheers Nic

I will e-mail it when Iget home tonight.

Hi All

K&N filters still up for sale Tim has the deeper ones that I now have fitted.

Edited by - Bilbo on 16 Mar 2004 19:44:23

Hi wrighty

YHM offer excepted *smile*

Nic

YHM

richardm57

YHM