Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Updated Information on Competitors Korner

Silver 21

CK now contains the most up to date regs (now approved by the MSA), the supplementary regs for all of our own events and 2 articles written by my brother Brian, an updated version of 'Thinking about Sprinting' and a new article on 'Preparation for Sprinting' which should help the novices out there.

All of the above can be found here

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* 2004 Speed Championship - 9 events *cool*

Edited by - Bacon Butty on 14 Mar 2004 10:26:04

Its now working, so a couple of questions...

Point 14 states entry will be £60 per competitor, however the form for LF clearly states Curborough is £53??

Also, Is it really fair to the membership to offer places at such an over subscribed event as the Curborugh ones, to anyone other than the Club? I understand that we are invited to the BMMC events the day after / before our events, but there seems to be less competition for places at those events?

Just an observation.

Good work Graham, and Brian.

*thumbup*

I dont know where the idea that Curborough is open to non members came from Mav

SR 4(b)

As long as they enter a Lotus or Caterham 7.

The printed regs from Low Flying are different (which I think is possibly problematic) but say the same thing re the BMMC invitation.

Paul

Mav/Paul/Dave,

The invitation to the Marshals club is not a new thing for 2004 - it was there in the regs for 2003 - and I believe earlier... I would guess its because of the invite they give us for the other day on the same weekends - but Roger is the one to ask. I guess its highlighted more in the new presentation because its an exception for Curborough.

I had not thought about putting the articles in Low Flying - but am happy if the editorial team wish to use them!

Brian

Trainee Clerk of the Course

Edited by - bl0498 on 15 Mar 2004 12:32:18

In past years the August Curborough weekend was shared with the Lotus Drivers Club and a special class was operated for them at the L7C event, with not much take up compared to the L7C class at the LDC event. And of course when the Academy came they didn't have to be members of L7CGB (I think).

Paul

We have invited Caterham/lotus 7 driving members of the marshals club to our event for quite a few years now.

We have never had one entry from them (nor do we/they realisticaly expect to get one)

We do this because they invite the Seven Club to their event on the same weekend and quite a few of our members take up this invite. We have a win/win situation which is not one I am proposing to alter.....

The price for May Curborough is £53.00 as per the regs which I submitted to Roger Green and Barry for inclusion in Low Flying/publication on the web site. Where any other price has come from I do not know.....

I have however amended the regs appearing on the web site to reflect the class changes re 1800cc K series. Although I checked before publishing I was told that there were no changes from last year............ All entrants will receive a correct class structure with their acknowledgment of entry and I have advised the MSA

Next......

*biggrin*