Click here if you are having website access problems ×

First sprint of the year tomorrow

Mrs Kipper

Just to make everyone jealous, Pat and I are doing a sprint on the Stowe circuit at Silverstone tomorrow 😬 We couldn't wait for Lydden.

The sprint is being run over two days, our class is on Saturday, in conjunction with a two day race meeting. I understand that many of the Caterham Graduate boys are entered for the race meeting. So if you have nothing to do tomorrow and feel like a blat to Silverstone, come and say hello.

The confusing thing is that there is also a race meeting on the National Circuit. Entry to this is £9 but entry to watch the meeting on the Stowe Circuit is free *confused* How are they going to work that one out

Hopefully all the snow will have gone *eek*

Kipper

Fun is not a straight line.

Hi Kipper...and I'm there too...was going to fit the sled and huskies...but it looks like it might just be very wet now ☹️

someone remind me exactly why I did sell my trailer?...oh yes, to enjoy the blats to and from!! *confused*

cheers

Steve

well, it was wet n wild!...had a damp drive there, it poured down before practice but then dried up so that the track was virtually dry by the time we were queuing for our first timed run...then guess what?...the heavens opened (hail and driving rain (though I don't know why it's called that because you can't drive very well in it! *confused* ))...I was last at this stage... ☹️

Still, we stuck with it and without further rain the track had dried again for the second run and was only damp in places (with a few puddles) for the second timed run.

I was pleased...I got second place behind the man with FTD (and he has a 2 litre Cosworth westie with 300+ bhp)...so I got first in class because he got the FTD trophy!! *cool*

All in all a good first run out in the car (all new suspension / rack / wheels / tyres!)

cheers Steve

I'm afraid that we were less successful ☹️

Mrs Kipper spun on her practice run, putting the car on to the grass and the grass and mud on to the car - but no damage done. I then spun on my first timed run, breaking into the paddock hairpin in the wet, locked up and the back decided it wanted to be first into the corner. De-clutched, waited to the car was pointing in the right direction and continued having stayed on the blackstuff.

The second timed run was quicker but well behind the class winner (200+ bhp Westie). As a shake down it was good and proved beyond doubt that the winter upgrade (verniers and 52mm TB) have turned it into a different car 😬.

The weather was cr@p, our Eazi-up (?) blew down, it was cold, and to cap it all it hailed on the way home. I was driving down the M1, sans roof, holding the wheel with one hand so that I could shield my face with the other from the pea sized hailstones. At 50 mph they bl**dy well hurt.

Good to meet Steve and Chris B. Well done Chris for 2nd.

Kipper

Fun is not a straight line.