Click here if you are having website access problems ×

The end and the beginning

Used to go out in all weathers in a george simms pair, just magic. Fast as f**k when it was on song, poor as pi55 when it wasn't. Funniest thing was having to go for a pee in it when waiting at the start of a head race, especially when there were womens crews there too!

I remember the other guy peeing into his trainer at peterbrough at the start of a regatta, very amusing I must say... fnarr fnarr....

Bowside Badger Bill

ooh yes - Mr sims he make nice boats *smile* Especially the later *all* carbon ones. Most of my time was in a Janousek 8 though. Partly because they're 'cheap', partly because they're strong, and partly because the cam is so damn wiggly that an Empacher won't get round the corners

HOOPY R706KGU Hoopylight R

I only need to do 37.5 hours a week (40 with lunch) instead of 45 hours. Commute should be 30 mins on a bicycle instead of 60 on a bus each day.

That's 2 hours saved a day *smile*

Loads of time *smile*

And to get to the river is easy, only a few miles - non of this 15 miles through th e middle of london and back.

Two lots of rowing and two at the gym instead of two at the gym and I still save a bit of time over the week and get a hobby 😬

HOOPY R706KGU Hoopylight R