Click here if you are having website access problems ×

The end and the beginning

Em and I have split-up - this was the end ☹️

But we're still best friends - it just wasn't quite working. Hence my being quiet earlier in the week.

However - we have a beginning *smile*

I have a job offer for May the 3rd at www.nonlinear.com. I just need to weedle more money out of them by saying things like relocation costs, end of probationary period, guarenteed pay reivew etc. Having a Dad who has the entire HR department report to him means I've had some good advice on this with hard numbers in it. (No he's an electrical engineer - but one of them has to ensure HR do something useful.....)

I have 4 weeks notice to do - so I need to tell JPM by 5th April. I expect I'll tell them a bit early as the current project has 2/3 weeks left on it and it would b nice not to be given much to do for the rest of it *wink*

I need to short-term rent a place up north. Anywhere was a garage for seven / dining table etc storage will do.

I'll have 4 days holiday left with JPM. Getting paid for them costs me tax. So I'll take them in the last week of April and drive up north in the 7, down in a transit, up in a transit with loads of stuff. Then get the train down, goto work for my last day and come up in the cavalier with the last few bits.

Then I need to find a house up north and swap it for this one. I'm looking in the 4 bedrooms and double garage sort of range... For the same price as a one bed flat in a not very brilliant bit of London...

Holiday allowances mean I can' do a summer holiday til I've earned it late in the year. My parents have a house in the middle of France that is having a pool built so they can rent it out in June/July/August when they're busy racing. I hope to go there for a week in September (say) with a few sevening chums (it has 4 bedrooms and loads of floor space) for my main holiday. Think middle of nowhere, surrounded by D roads, sunny, no speed cameras.

Anyone interested 🤔

As this is only a week's holiday I should then be able to go skiing (I missed out this year). This also makes me happy :)

HOOPY R706KGU Hoopylight R

Ooooh - Monsewer 'Ooooops - Sorry to hear bout yoo an Em ☹️

But, as you say, one door closes another one opens *thumbup*

France in the Summer sounds good, when you get some deffo dates let us know, sure we can get some holis set up for then or thereabouts (if you'll let me an Jen an Barbarella along too) *confused*

Good luck wiv the move back oop norf *thumbup* we did the same trip in the other direction, sold a way OTT flat in Rotherhithe (the posh end if Deptford) after strugling for 6 years to pay a stoopidly large mortgage, and bought a nice 3 bed just outside Portsmouth.

Five minutes to work, 5 minutes from shops, 5 minutes from fabliouso blatting roads. Why did we wait so long to do it 🤔

Getting back on subject .... A good friend of mine has a motto ... "Don't regret things you haven't done."

Millwall to beat Tranmere, then to beat Sheff Utd in Semis and then beat Pompey in The Final

See Barbarella here...

Oh well Hoopy, life moves in mysterious ways. At least you and Em are still friends. Good luck in your move up north. If you want a halfway house to break your journey, you could pop in on the way past, I (apparantly) make a decent cuppa.

Chris

Nonlinear are based in the middle of Newcaslte.

I'll be making several trips up / down etc but I expect I'll just want to get them over with instead of stopping.

However, I probably will need a house warming (one I get a house instead of a flat) and a house cooling party (when I leave london)

*smile*

HOOPY R706KGU Hoopylight R

I still have some all in ones, teh obligitory cycle shorts, zephers and various splash tops *biggrin* *thumbup*

We used to spend hours EVERYDAY on the water rowing out of either Chester or Runcorn. The club is based at Manchester now, but I haven't been since I moved back from France last year...

Used to absolutley love it, sometimes even more than the car. *eek* 😳 *eek*

Get yourself back in there and start cycling asap, the best way to get back in with some long enjoyable endurance stuff. If you can get down to 17mins20 for your 5k and 6mins30 for your 2, then you are a better man than I, however you will have to be a lightweight(no comments please) to make a like for like comparison. i.e. less then 11st4lb (and yes, it was some time ago for those who have seen me now!)

BB