Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rolling Road: Swindon area

Ralph Morgan

Can anyone recommend, from recent experience (things change!) somewhere in the Swindon area with a good rolling road and, more importantly, someone who knows how to use it to set up my Crossflow (on 2 x 40 DCOEs)? I heard once of somewhere in the Bicester region, but don't have any details.

Ralph,

Circuit Motors based at Castle Combe have a RR. I'm afraid I have no experience of them myself, but Nick Green was there recently, so he might be able to offer an opinion.

I'm around Swindon too (Liddington), where abouts are you?

Jon

Jon,

Thanks, I'll follow this up. I'm at Stanton Fitzwarren (just past the Honda factory) and work at Castrol, Pipers Way. We ought to meet for a blat sometime! Call or email to fix something up.

Best wishes,

Ralph

Tel: Sw 452920 (office)/762937 (home)

email: morganr4@castrol.com

Ralph,

Yes, 'tis true. Was at Circuit Motors last week. I was checking cam timings.

I wasn't having anything like carbs set up, so didn't feel qualified to offer an opinion on that aspect. Glyn (the rollers man) seems to do a lot of classic car tuning, and runs an MGA himself. He strikes me as someone who would know what to do though. And you can watch him do it too.

Give him a call on 01249 782596 and have a chat about what you want. I dare say you could ask to have a look when he's got someone else's car there...

Nick (in Malmesbury)

Edited by - nick green on 1 May 2001 11:52:10

Power Station in Cheltenham are excellent. They're more into fuel injection nowdays but they're very straight, give them a ring and ask if they have weber jets etc, 01242 238400.

Avoid Mech Repairs in Cheltenham like the plague - complete cowboys.

Interpro in Thornbury (near Bristol) are good, 01454 412777.

Ralph

I asked a similar question re RR near Cheltenham before moving out to Venezuela -- ended going to Interpro near Bristol (Thornbury). I was impressed. They only did a power run but the knowledge, interest and flexibility were impressive - keeping the car within 750 club C class rules mean they cannot do very much if the basics cheeck out. Think the guys name was Paul. Agree with comments made about the 2 Cheltenham based outfits. Did not go to Castle Coombe but they did not seem interested when I talked to them on the phone.

We should start a global Castrol 7 club!

Colin

I went off Interpro, as they took hours to get around to doing my car, even though they knew I was waiting in the reception area, and they wouldn't let me watch what they did, just presented me with the results.

I would agree the bloke there seemed to know what he was doing.