Click here if you are having website access problems ×

D2H TB's K Series

prs

I'm about to attach tb's onto my K series (very nearly finished the re-build now!), I've decided to do away with the stud arrangement from the old plastic plenum and use bolts instead, anybody know the correct torque setting for this?

The water take off pipe on the TB's does not have the one way valve as fitted in the plastic plenum does this matter, I assuming it doesn't but thought it best to check.

Phil S7 SVN

I did my TB bolts up until they seemed just about tight enough - don't know the torque figure, sorry 😬

I used Hylomar on both sides of the garket too - just to be on the safe side, even though it was a new one.

I noticed the absence of the one way check valve, but it doesn't seem to have an adverse affect - in fact, I had no problem bleeding the cooling system and the water temp gauge reads slightly less than before.

BRG Summertime Brooklands SV 😬 It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

There's no check V'v on my Jenvey TB's. The hose comes straight from the small outlet at the top of the coolant header onto the hose tail which screws into the waterway penetration on the TB. I've had my coolant drained down a couple of times recently & have no problems with airlocks when re-filling. 😬

I used a bench drill, as a press, and pressed the valve out of the plastic plenum. It was then fitted it to the DHTB plus a little JB weld for good luck. That was about four years ago and it is still fine.

JH

Deliveries by Saffron, *thumbup* the yellow 222bhp Sausage delivery machine

Thanks for the replies, me thinks I will go for a straight forward outlet without the valve! although John's comments are worth remembering as I still have the old plastic plenum.

Phil S7 SVN

The cooling on a cat is so good that the loss in efficiency caused by removing the check valve is unnoticeable. All that is happening is that a couple of litres per minute are blowing into the header tank. The is still up to 120ish lpm going through the cylinder head which is plenty.

BC