Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Non L7C Events - Full Windscreen?

KenEvans

I want to compete in a handfull of events outside our own championship and seem to recall a requirement for a full screen in the roadgoing class. Is this just a a requirement of the Midlands Speed Championship or is there something in the Blue Book to this effect (scanned it quickly but can find no requirment full screens).

I know, for example, if I go to Loton Park non-Seven championship event I will be almost certainly be the only car in the class with an aeroscreen and that would raise some eyebrows at least!

Ta

Ken

Edited by - kenevans on 9 Mar 2004 13:57:49

Yeah - I'm looking at doing rounds outside of our own too , and windscreens are required in the vast majority of what was class 2a .

There are a few well supported championships that do allow areo's and decent tyres (1b)- the principle one being ASWMC sprint series . Based around the south west - Colern , combe , Llandow etc

Why not come along and we can do these ??- the downside isa that there are a great number of date clashes this year between ASWMC and L7C ☹️

Dave

Yes but......if you're not registered in their particular championship and are competing in the class as an invited club then I would have thought you could use an aeroscreen because there are no exclusions that I'm aware of outside of the various championships' regulations. ???

Ken - if you are driving as part of an invited club then I guess it depends on the invited clubs class rules *confused*

From the l7 events I have been in where we are an invited club, we jsut run as one big class and then leave it to BB to sort out who has got what points based on L7 class structure...

Rob

In the Blue Book L10.2.2 says "Windscreens are mandatory for all closed vehicles. They are free for open vehicles" So I reckon an aeroscreen is fine unless otherwise specified in the championship or event regulations.

Ken

The Midland Hillclimb Championship (3 visits each to Shelsley, Loton and Prescott) doesn't require windscreens for 'our' class (tho' it's up to 2-litre not up to 1.7). The regs for the Aldon/HSA don't appear to specifically require windscreens either.

Mike

Mike - is the Midland Hillclimb Championship different from the Midland Speed Championship? (I live in the Midlands and should know the answer myself!) The latter does require full screens according to their online regs.

The MHC doesn't seem to have any internet presence which appears to be my sole source of information nowadays!

Ken

The Midland Hillclimb Championship is organised by Tony Fletcher, his contact details will be on your Loton Regs.

The MHC only has one 'roadgoing' class, 'Modified Production Sports Cars over 1400cc up to 2000cc'. Roadgoing is defined as tax, insurance, MOT and List 1A. The British Hillclimb Leaders doesn't have any roadgoing classes. Keeps it simple...

Paul

Ken

Joined this thread late but from memory the Midland Speed Championship DOES require a full windscreen in Class 2a etc, the only class you can get away with this is the modified production where you can run slicks/1b tyres as well.

I know cos John Palmer protested at Loton a couple of years ago about a megablade running with an aeroscreen and he was moved to the mod prod class even though he was on 1a tyres *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

Hope this helps

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* 2004 Speed Championship - 9 events *cool*

So have I got this right? We enter the event at Lydden on the entry form as per the posting and enter the class that our car qualifies for i.e. if you have list 1a's either class 7 or 8 dependant on engine size. If you have a aero you will enter the sports libre class 12. Some one i.e. Bacon Butty then has to sort us out into the L7C classes. Rather him than me....or have I got it wrong again

*confused* *confused*

Paul

You are getting confused Ken is mainly talking abouts events that we are not even going to, for Lydden the form is now on line but regs link doesn't work so put Lotus 7 Club as the Class, they will then group us all together, the only sorting I have to then do is what class people are in within that bigger class *confused* *confused* *confused* *confused* *confused*

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* 2004 Speed Championship - 9 events *cool*

Hi Graham - But if I'm not registered for any of the Midlands championships and enter a Loton Nat A or B event as a Hagley member doing the Hagley Member's Loton Park Championship in which there is no mention of windscreens AND the supplementary regs make no mention of windscreens then I'm sure an aeroscreen is eligible.

The Megablade that John protested must have been registered in one of the Midlands championships requiring full screens.

Ken

NB chaps this has no bearing on the L7C championship whatsoever.

Edited by - KenEvans on 9 Mar 2004 20:28:14

Rob, to get back to your question "so hypothetically what class would running list 1b put you in, if at all" you'd be in a class with slicks (with DaveK et al). In the HSA the class would be called "Modified Production Cars over 1400cc up to 2000cc", as opposed to "Modified Production Cars over 1400cc up to 2000cc (roadgoing)" which is for 1a/tax/MOT/insurance etc.

Mike

• 1 month later...

Hi Chaps...I have just woken up! *confused* ...sorry to revisit this thread...I have a delayed response and a question...

MHC - does allow aeroscreens as per Mike bees' comment ('us') - tyres list 1a

Aldon HSA - same - but most even tregulations specify use of full screen

My question is to do with which mirrors are necessary to fit when running with an aeroscreen in class 4 L7CC? Will a simple central rear view be sufficient?...Do I have to fit a side mirror (or any mirror at all?)

Thanks

Steve