Click here if you are having website access problems ×

BT an' t'internet...

Badger Bill

Just signed up for the internet with BT (free modem, connected in 7days, free connection, etc) Is there anyone here going to tell me that I'm an ass for not choosing a.n. other provider. 27quid/mth.

Biggest point was that we're renting and with BT we can (if the new line is enabled) move our contract, the others not. Even pipex has a 60quid buy out in the 1st 12months.

If there is a much better deal out there, don't tell me 'cause I'll cry *mad* ☹️ 😳 *tongue*

BB 😬

I have to say if I never had to deal with BT again ever I`d be a happy man.

But that is the BT MObile arm of the business......I have dial up with them and generally it is OK.

If I was changing to Broadband there are cheaper alternatives but like you say moving contract may not be possible.

Have engine, diff, tacho, clutch and a sexy ultra lightweight flywheel.......need car

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec

There is a clause that you have to pay the installation fee (that they currently waive) if you cancell within a certain timeframe.

Still probably worth it not to have to deal with Bloody Terrible

A happy Pipex user.

😬You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same. 😬

Ho, hum 😬

It looked good at the time, Pipex didn't get my money as they didn't pick up the customer service phones for nearly 20mins on a weekday. BT took less than 2. Pipex also could not move contracts in the 12month period and charge you 60quid (or so) for the privelage Tiscali looked good, but had a limit on downloads (not good for the movie watchers/music buffs out there) and the others seemed a little here today...

I'm on Homecall for the landline and get almost free UK calls 😬 *thumbup* so don't feel too bad for the extra 2 quid/month on the broadband and keep eggs in baskets, etc.

Thanks for the reassuring feedback, guys *confused* 😳 *tongue* *thumbup*

BB

'oops, check out www.adslguide.org, Pipex do 512Kbps for £23.44 with free connection.

Then again someone called Bulldog do 10000000 Mbps for about £2 (or something)

😬You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same. 😬

512 but I am hopeful of a sucessful partnership. Hoops are you not a downloading type, I think that Tiscali have a limit of 30GB per month, which is only a few films and some albums...

It sounds like you might want to get yourself onto E-Mule or something 😬 *thumbup*

PS Tough break with em, its better to have loved, etc, etc... I would try and show a bright side, but there really is nothing you can say, is there?!

If you fancy a couple of sherberts in the Cheshire area I'm sure that Mav and I can be coersed (and Buda of course)... If you ask really nice I can get some ridiclous Itilians and Frenchies to turn up and shout loudly too *eek* *confused* 😬 *thumbup*

I've never hit a limit with Tiscali. OTOH I've never downloaded more than the odd little clip of video or a couple of mp3s (the hassle of finding anything other than a chart single is too high)...

Indeed - I can see the past year as a happy time rather than the last few days as a sad time now *smile*

HOOPY R706KGU Hoopylight R