Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Vectra immobiliser - HELP !

paulhart

checked car today ready for my first brands hatch track day tomorrow. filled with petrol but could not start due to vectra immobiliser not disengaging - happened for the first time last week but the following day it worked ok - just in case had spare vectra keys with me but all 3 do not work ! have tried jiggling but to no avail !

think it best to disconnect - any ideas how ?

Hi depends which engine you have, how they fitted it, but on a X/flow and/or VX I think they only operate on the starter and the ignition circuits.

The Starter is easy as it simply cuts the red/white wire that feeds the solenoid. To get past this you can run a new wire from the back of the key barrel from the last twist connection (should have the red/white wire on it) and run it to the small terminal on the starter.

For the ignition, you will need to supply a 12v power to the coil. This again needs to come from the back of the key barrel and is most likely a black/white wire.

I had the latter circuit go on mine and this used to cause my car to just cut out for 2 - 3 minutes... when I bypassed that side of it is worked fine, all the time.

Good luck... and if anyone thinks I've out too much info, feel free to edit my post.

Phil Waters

Paul.....I have had the exact same problem today....fitted new screen, sidelight bulb....and finally got round to a front number plate.....right lets get to the MoT station to get my ticket and b*****ks flippen immobilizer wont work.....

Eventually I gave in and RAC man arrived and has shown me how to short cut the damn thing.

I have a 1600VX with a Caterham fitted immobilizer and as Phil suggests it operates the starter and ignition...and quick get home (or MoT test centre) is a wire from battery +ve to coil +ve and then a wire from battery +ve to touch back of starter to turn engine over.

I will be calling Caterham tomorrow to see if it can be fixed 🤔 if not a hidden switch will be installed..not sure about insurance companies giving cover with no immolizer...any thoughts 🤔

My Immobiliser (Vectra I think? small black rectangular key with slide in red bit with contacts????) also appears to be intermittent, particularly in wet conditions.

Car is a VX2.0 Inj with an MBE ECU, can I just remove it and wire as suggested or does the MBE look for an Immobilisor in a similar way to an Emerald or MEMS?

ta

Mark

The Vectra amd the MBE have no connection, although the MBE might be powered through the Vectra dependent on who installed it.

BIN the Vectra

If you are looking to fit another immobiliser that fits the same hole left in your dash, try a Meta

Hope this helps

Chris....

H15 SVN Get it !