Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Low entry jack

colincagain

I am looking for one of these trolley jacks that is designed for very low cars - and lifts with a single arc of a long arm....not sure that is much of a description but hope you know what I mean....there is not enough ground clearance for my normal trolley jack under the latest acquisition...any guidance on cheapest place to get one....or anyone have a second hand one for sale??

cheers *smile*

Well, I always recommend the Clarke CTJ2LR semi-pro 2 tonne jack from Machine Mart - costs 30 quid inc. VAT...

This has a low 110mm entry height (standard jacks are generally 140mm or so)- which is enough for me with my taller 13" tyres on (185 60s I think?) and just enough with my CR500s (175 55s?)

It is longer and lower than the standard jacks you get - but not one of the *super* long jobs.

For the price it is hard to beat - but if you really need something like a quicklift jack with an extremely long and low chassis, you'll have to spend quite a bit more cash.

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Good God! *eek*

I know I'm tired right now, but....

...when I first read Petrolheads question, I thought:

a) He'd typed 'Pickle Tray' - rather than 'pickie ray' and,

b) This seemed entirely sensible...

I think it's time for beer then bed *wink*

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

thanks for all the pointers guys - just got back from a trip and found all the advice - will advise the Oxford English Dictionary that "Jack" now begins with "Q" and next time I look in the DT catalogue I will use a bit more imagination!

Will give you a call Raymond

cheers

Colin