Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Pico 330cc, R500 O/E injectors

Jason Plato

Went out for the first time with the new engine and the new emerald setup . The emerald now has injector duty cycle % ....... I dare not take it above 6000 rpm !!

The current ones are std K 235cc @ 3bar , they were good for 210bhp .

Does anyone happen to have a set of the Pico or R500(I could keep my fuel rail with these) that they wish to sell to a good home ? or where is the cheapest place to buy them from ?

What is the part number ref for R500 injectors ? and where is the best source ?

Ammo , Dave E , Dave A , Bill , Bob C can you guys help out ?

The second option is that I stick with the 235cc injectors and go with my plan of an additional 4 further up the tract , then see if this provides any benifits on the rollers .

Cheers

Dave

Lotus 7 Club Speed Champion 2003 *eek*

South Wales Area Organiser *smile*

C7 TOP *tongue*

Edited by - Dave Jackson on 6 Mar 2004 19:07:26

Thats true Rob , but increases in presure only increase the flow by the square root of the increased pressure - I'm not confident this will be enough .

Thanks Ammo - sadly I cant open my mail untill I return to work tomorrow , so I will be rushing to the office at the crack of dawn *smile*

Dave

Lotus 7 Club Speed Champion 2003 *eek*

South Wales Area Organiser *smile*

C7 TOP *tongue*

Edited by - Dave Jackson on 7 Mar 2004 09:31:46

• 2 weeks later...

I had wondered whether there was an optimum spray pattern. One route I'd considered was to find a scrap sierra cosworth and use those injectors but I wondered whether recent technology had moved on a bit since the sierra days and provided more reliable / efficient injectors. E.g. do injectors off a Honda S2000 (220 brake normally aspirated) have a more suitable spray pattern for normally aspirated than those off a turbo car?

Nigel Mills - 2.0 Zetec carbs

A cheap alternative if you can find them is Vx Calibra turbo injectors . These are suitable for use on a K with the Emerald and the std fuel rail , the flow is a little big unless you are 230bhp + . But low speed sites will still suffer .

The picos are all around the £70-80 mark . But you need a new fuel rail and regulator as these are shorter in length

The thread hasnt been concluded , the car hasnt been on the rollers yet to determine its requirements . *smile*

Dave

If you are worried about weight the Picos only weigh 40 grams as opposed to 100 grams for conventional injectors. A 240 gram weight saving!

It is usually possible to modify the fuel rail to fit with the Picos. The latest Jenvey fuel rail is apparently supplied with spacers to bolt to the throttle bodies. You use the spacers with standard type injectors and discard them with the Picos.

AMMO

Thanks but where do I get them from and what are they fitted on - I have to do this on a tight budget so I'm looking for some donor cars for picos by the sounds of it. I have 165 brake at the moment and aim for 220 ish eventually. I'd like the injectors to be able to cope with this power range for future proofing me! Can anyone suggest donor cars for picos?

Nigel Mills - 2.0 Zetec carbs