Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Breather and catch tank.

Delberts Wallet

I have a K series which has a on one of the breathers attached to the cam cover (normally goes to the throttle body). For sprinting would I need to attatch this breather to a catch tank or, as it takes air in, would I be OK.

Gut instinct tells me I need a tank of some sort but I just thought I'd check.

Gareth

Blue and Carbon 6 Speed Supersport

I am not an expert but I think if the pipe is going into the TB then you should be ok

I think you only need a catch tank if you have a pipe that breathes into nothing , if that makes sense *confused*

again I am not 100% on this so maybe worth waiting for a definative amswer form someone who knows *confused*

rob

Just a thought tho. The breather is for filtered air (normally comes of the tb after the filter). Do catch tanks have a fitting so I can fit said filter, if so, what stops oil coming out of the catch tank.

Sorry for the dump questions, just cant get my head around that bit.

Blue and Carbon 6 Speed Supersport

it seems catch tanks can be anything from a pukka system such as a mocal jobbie here or similar which should have proper breathers etc to old washer bottles with no much int he way of breathers.

So what is stop the oil flowing out, not a lot except keeping an eye out and checking regularly. Plus if you throw out more than a litre in a

I currently have the washer bottle solution as supplied by caterham, but if I ever get my finger out I hope to go to a more elgant solution such as the mocal one int he picture *thumbup*

rob

PS didn't see any questions about dumping, either from a turbo POV or a toilet humuor POV 😬

All the pipe spits out is oil vapor and the odd drop of oil.

the catch tank is there so it dose not drop on the track. you will have to empty it if it gets full which should take some time.

If you are looking for a nice ali one then come and have a look at mine or even the header tank that BB should have soon as it would look like but a bit smaller.

If your interested I would be happy to make you a Be-spoke model.