Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

1997 X Flow reluctantly for sale

wrighty

Due to a new business venture I need to sell my recently acquired 7. I only bought the car last December from Caterham South, and it has had just a couple of runs during the dry spells in Jan and Feb this year. No track days by me or previous owner. In fact I have spent more time cleaning and tinkering than driving it ☹️

Dec 1997 R reg 100 BHP X flow

Green/Ali

Twin DCOE 40's

Flared Wings

5100 Miles

Full Weather Gear, Hi Viz doors etc

One Previous owner

New radiator fitted by Caterham under warranty Jan 2004

5 x Brand new AO21rs 185/70/13s

13" Minators silver

New Momo leather steering wheel

MOT until June 2004

£10,750 ono

I will take some pictures at the weekend.

I will be putting the car on Ebay and other sites, but want to give it a few days exclusively here first.

1997 X Flow BRG/Ali - Noisier than neighbours W*******d!!!

Not wanting to spoil your sale but I think you might struggle at that asking price, Xflow cars of similar spec are selling for between £8-£9K at the moment,

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* How many events for 2004?????? (It looks like 9) *cool*

I noticed the price of others but feel the condition warrants a slightly higher price. However there is probably more of a psychological reason in as much as I dont want to sell it ☹️

you keep that price up my friend!!!

you have same car as me & they ARE sort after.trust me i have my contacts.

more reliable than 1700cc's,engine is worth a bit if its an AX block,standard 1600cc.sod the venture & keep the cat *thumbup*

😬 😬 😬 😬 😬

saucer of milk table nine,meow

With these cars, as so many things condition is everything.

I helped my mate look for a Suzuki TL 1000 a few months ago. We looked at 4 in all. One in particular was an immaculate, very low mileage, pampered bike with low miles, new tyres, all the extras my mate wanted but it was priced a little high at £3700.

He ended up buying one at £3400. He then put new tyres on, had it serviced, fitted a hugger, braided hoses and a tinted screen. All of which the more expensive bike already had! He ended up spending more than £3700 and ended up with a bike with higher miles and not in as nice condition!

There must be logic there somewhere!

Thanks for all the positive comments.

I have some good news (for me anyway) - the car is withdrawn from sale as I have decided to fund my venture by making sacrifices elsewhere.

In the end i just cant bear to part with this car as i have dreamt of owning one since first seeing a Caterham in Autocar (Motor?) magazine when I was about 8 years old.

Look forward to seeing you all out on the roads during the summer *cool*

cheers

I'm sorry if you all think my comments were detrimental, this was not the intention more making an observation.

A classic in 1997 actually cost less than £10750 more like £9750 (a scholarship car in 98 with a VX 8V was only £10,500), ok it didnt come with screen and hood but just about everything else, are we now of the thinking that our cars have 0% depreciation after 6 years??, if so I think we are kidding ourselves.

Good quality Academy cars from the same era are only making £8.5 -£9.5 absolute max (check the grads site or speak to Graeme Smith) and in most cases not even that, so why should a classic command such a premium?

Wrighty, I was not trying to spoil your sale and am glad you have decided to keep your car, at the end of the day a car is only worth what someone else is prepared to pay for it.

Englishmaninwales, if you feel so strongly why not post something on every posting were someone makes an observation in the For Sale section, you'll be busy all day long *thumbup*

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* 2004 Speed Championship - 9 events *cool*