Click here if you are having website access problems ×

O/T Merc

Peter T

Mercedes CLK 320 Advantarde, covertable, less than one year old, bought from Tony Purslow Uk car, 12000mls booked in for first service , silver with black hood, black leather, all extras, need to shift asap as not currently insured , will take trade price as what dealer will offer, no doubt that will be at least be 2-3K more.Circa 30K

Thought it might be worth a shot as my original buyer is now sorted. *confused*

Riding Donkey's, in Search of Ponies.!

Jerry, Wifes got an A4 cab. I don't drive it ever since Count and I took it for a spin when it was new last summer. Right pair of Brighton Piers we looked. Therefore I'm not really jealous. Guess in a CLK we'd have looked older.....

Fat Arn

Slay the K.

Hi Arnie

Right pair of Brighton Piers we looked.

So whats new *confused* (ouch) 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬

Must say I rather like the CLK..... tempting Peter...... but no at present.

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Actually Bilbo, you have hit on a major point here, one which leaves me ensuring there is a wall to keep my back to in Counts company.

Whilst fitting a new air filter to Counts car today we broke for a spot of lunch which involved a trip to the Wimpey in Caterham. Vehicle chosen for the Journey was Count's new E46 M3 which I have been denied access to so far (something toi do with thrashing the living daylights out of his P1 last time....)

So off we go on a live experiment with the M3's SMG gearbox which is just like a manual but with steering wheel controls. Nothing like a sequential though as the change urgency is not anything like as quick.

Anyway the people serving in the Wimpey (who Count informed me were all relatives of Mr Patel) took their time, and whilst I waited in ture M3 driver style on the double yellows outside, I had a play with some of the controls.

First to test was the Harmon Kardon stereo, which on initial pressure of the "play CD button" resulted in some very wierd likely Ememen (spelling??) stuff, so I thought I'd examine some of the other CD's in the changer. Pressing Disc 1 resulted in some very high tempo rhythmic music which I recognised as a remix of that old Harold Melvin classsic "don't leave me thsi way"

Took a while for this to sink in that it was in fact the Comunards, chart smasher in the all the clubs Jeremy Spake likely hangs out in. On to Disc 2: "Tell me Why??" Same high pitched vocal performance (I wonder what is inserted where to reach such octaves) yep it was Bronski Beat.

After all the jokes in the local area meets around here being directed at the orientation of R300 owners in the hairdressing business, I do find that I perhaps this banter has been miss targeted.

You can't believe how quick that filter got fitted.

The question Count posed "where are you going to stick that barometric sensor I just gave you" also takes on new meaning.....

Fat Arn

Slay the K.

Hi Arnie

No cds by The Village People such as IN THE NAVY...... They want you! They want you! They want you as a new recruit!

err best stop this were thread hijacking.

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.