Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Lydden entry form?

RichardO

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds fun to me 😬

Steve I'm hoping to compete in all the sprints/hillclimbs this year if all goes to plan. The time I set at Lydden last year was on rock solid Caterham compound 6" ACB10's all round, the car was ALL over the place, after the sprint the marshalls came over and said "you looked like you were really driving that car!!" 😬

It was also only the 2nd time I'd driven the car on track after a massive engine upgrade, I've had a years practice now so hopefully I maybe a bit quicker this year........

Sounds like Class 3 is going to be a lot of fun this year.

Rob G

www.SpeedySeven.com

Edited by - rgrigsby on 3 Mar 2004 19:40:25

Hi

So who will be contending with me for last place in group 5 😬

Hopefully the new taller roll bar will be in this weekend and I can start getting the car ready. Currently being painted.

Its cold out there ☹️

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Rob, really pleased to hear you're competing in ALL the sprints. (did that sound sincere!)

So do I spend my next £400 on adjustable suspension or begin thinking about more power?

Just realised I'm already panicing and I haven't even had my ar*e kicked at Lydden yet.

Steve

So rob what with

*arrowright* your experience of the car

*arrowright* improved knowledge of lydden as you have raced there now for 1 season

*arrowright* car imporvemenst 6 speed , acb10 c24's

are you looking for sub 80s assuming it is not wet 🤔

rob *smile*

Hi rgrigsby

Having never driven there............ how about a few tips for the slower competitors 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Cheers rgrigsby *thumbup*

I found a mpeg on a mini site but its not very clear.

Well I never fitted the new taller FIA bar its has a run in the paint and is being sent back, looking again on getting home so has the petty bar. Thats going back tommorow. RATS.... Otherwise great paint job. Plus the bolt down base is different on the bar but this may not be a problem.

Edited by - Bilbo on 7 Mar 2004 18:56:35

As I remember the tyer war (as far as I know) I spoke to BB at Llandow as he lent Rob M a set and I thought he told me he was already running them ! I first used them for a practice run at Mira, and was not until Llandow they posted any time for me.

As for car specs last year it had 124bhp 40's 244 1700. This year I have no power figurs as yet as it is being maped as we speek, but so you don't think I hiding anything it is steel from top to bottom 50's a 264 cam and a 4 speed box, other than that it's as last year.

Oh I forgot I totaled the front end..... In place of the bent bits it now has ali doubel adj dampers and widetrack(and nice new yellow kevlar front wings)

I'll try to let you know the outcome of the rolling road if i can bring my self to use the computer again.

BB need to know what you want me to do about sending this ali header tank to you (you even have a choise now aswell *smile* *thumbup*

NO

When I rang err 2 weeks ago they were still at printers. I only rang as I was off for long weekend break and wanted to see if it would arrive when I was away.

Hi All

Well the car was fired up today for the first time this year in fact since November. Sadly the Roll Bar has gone back again for painting.

Run the oil pressure up on the starter put the plugs back fired first touch of the key 😬 *thumbup* Ran it up to temperature sounds good.

Next a play with the carbs and an oil change.

Hopefully the Roll Bar will be ready before next weekend.

Bit confused over the head restraint, think it might be just for the taller bar.

Edited by - Bilbo on 14 Mar 2004 19:13:27