Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Lydden entry form?

RichardO

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on Guys give me a break 😬 😬

Forms still at the TWMC printers, mailing labels going off to TWMC tonite ready for them to go send forms out in the next few days I hope.

Dont Panic, its only a month away!!

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* How many events for 2004?????? (It looks like 9) *cool*

Edited by - Bacon Butty on 1 Mar 2004 12:30:50

Not hassling you BB honest. But will all who registered for the championship be sent one automatically or do we need to do anything??

Cheers

Steve

PS - ACB10's and tillett now fitted! Why didn't we all talk and agree to go head to head on cheap tyres in class 3, as it seems all we have done is level the playing field at the cost of £400 each 😬

Steve

I was only joking, yes all people that ticked Lydden will get an entry form for Lydden (it was something like 43 people).

No expenditure for me on tyres this year but 2 nice new Carbon Tillets 😬 😬 😬

Graham

Competition Secretary

So if it wasn't you Rob I think you should name names... I know Graham was on them as well last year, so is it all his fault. I ran the slow old CR500's (otherwise I would have been 2nd to Dave Mc obviously 😳) so at least my conscience is clear.

Are we declaring engine outputs before we go into battle...

It wasn't me either, well not the first anyway!!, I think you'll find it was the guy who needed little help to win the class.

My excuse in fitting them was to compensate for my weight disadvantage 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬

If we are declaring Specs & Outputs, I've got nothing to hide:

1.7 Xflow, 234 Cam, RK Big Valve, approx 143bhp at flywheel, 5 speed box, Ital back end 😳 😳

6-21's on the front, 7-22's on the rear (A24 compound of course)

Graham

Competition Secretary

hmmm - I thought it was you BB 😬 but obviously mistaken *confused*

well I am running a standard 1.6KSS on standard tb, plenum and ecu but with a comp exhaust so I guess aroud 135bhp, otherwise standard caterham SL options. 7" acb10 24 compunds all round *smile*

rob

Hmmm, no driving ability eh Robin. Weren't you pushing Dave all the way at Curborough in August???

Afraid I can't declare an output (having suggested we all should 😳 ) as I don't know. It is a 1700 x-flow but whether it has been breathed on or not I have no idea. What should I look for as clues?

4 speed gearbox, live axle with 6-22's on the front and 7-22's on the back.

Steve

Cheers Graham, not sure what it revs to as I haven't really tried 😳 Am nervous of pushing it too hard as I haven't found a rev limiter yet, how do I test without risking ruining the engine?

2nd numpty question, how do I tell the DCOE 40's from 45's and 48's?

Rob, if I was guessing I reckon I have at least 80 bhp so you better look out 😬

Graham Perry: What would this suggest then?

. 1700cc, twin 45s, 4:1 race exhaust, 7500rpm

Steve Robinson: IIRC size is stamped on top of the carb, forgotton where but it's pretty obvious if you look.

J351 TPE - Battered Old Chassis and some bits!

Steve

To test the engine, rev it round to 8,000rpm, if it goes bang it hasn't had any work done to it 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬. (only joking)

IN all seriousness, most xflows are happy up to about 6 -6500 revs, I pushh mine to 7,000 although the powers trailing at that point, put in an all steel bottom end and forged pistons/rods etc ala Rob Grigsby and you should happily see 8,000rpm. (no doubt someone will correct my facts here *thumbup*)

Graham

Competition Secretary

Hi Bacon Butty

So how many places are on offer if we have 43 that wish to attend ?

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Bilbo

Last year there were no problems getting a place, April 3rd is a bit early for a lot of people.

We were by far the biggest class last year with something like 27 cars, I think the total entry at Lydden for a Saturday morning sprint is 80 - 90 cars

Graham

Competition Secretary