Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Doctor, doctor........

WindyMiller

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you really want to know 🤔

If you're at light speed and you turn the headlights on they work as normal.

Look at it this way - what are you travelling a light speed compared to? On a blat its obvious that you compare speed to the road surface. In an aircraft they use the air, so if its windy they may be going at a different speed to the ground. So if I define my speed to be relative to something going lightspeed that way *arrowleft*, then I can just turn on a torch and see all is OK.

Its not possible to go at light speed though (unless you are massless) so lets look at 99% of lightspeed.

Everything is normal to you. You travel for a year and stop. However, you now find that everything is 7 years older as you have experienced time dilation from going so fasrt

simple, eh 🤔

bet you wish you'd never asked *confused*

HOOPY R706KGU Hoopylight R

Would that be a Toyota corollary?

Dark is very fast, as we all know. It comes from black holes, and when you turn off your lights it's there instantly. It takes light years (literally) to get from here to the nearest black hole, ergo The speed of dark is very very fast. *confused*

Windy

Red and Black 1.8K

Edited by - WindyMiller on 3 Mar 2004 17:10:13

What was I doing 🤔

Memories of it blaring out of Dad's car on the way to school many years ago. Might have to go and find a copy, seem to remember it was quite a good light rock album. There again time may be playing on my memories, and my tastes have changed somewhat 😳

Currently (back to original-ish post) Boonie has come up with the best answer to "How many caterhams does it take to change a lightbulb". Someone please out do him as I don't want to give a prize to my brother.

"Heavy bulb"?????

Would a darkbulb be lighter than a light bulb?

""HOOPY""

Windy

Red and Black 1.8K