Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Adj Bilstein Blues

kasi

Are all bilstein shocks are made to fit with the adjustors or are there differences in style for a seven.

I have the black with a blue spring on wide track and changed to 13' rims with 185/50-13 front and 215/50-13 back from 16" and now my front suspension feels way to low and to soft ( 50 mm sump clearence now , before 75 mm ) the 75 mm worked fine on our island roads but 50 seems like trouble.

I have the adustors but it seems they are not made to suite my shocks .

Maybe somebody can link me to a good Picture of the shocks with the adaptors on it ( specially from beneath ) it seems there is no support plate only the wishbone were the shock is mounted on.

Pleas help *confused*

Kasi *thumbup*

The lower adjuster sits on a circlip which can be moved up the damper body to increase ride height beyond the scope of just the adjuster.

Remove the spring damper unit from the car and take the spring off. You will see the circlip after sliding the lower platform upwards. Move the circlip to the next position up the damper and reasemble. You may have to have new grooves cut into the damper to get the circlip in the optimum position.

Not to confuse the issue but it is possible that your dampers aren't the right ones for the car. Different damprs (same valving) are made for live axle than de dion. at the front they'll fit but the rings that are machined in the damper are in different places

Nigel Mills - 2.0 Zetec carbs