Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

cooling system bleed tees

Bricol

As per my original posting on original thread . . .

Being currently in Santa Clarita, I've found another source of tees to replenish my original stock of four from 1998. I fiited one into the top heater hose when I built the car and have never had any hassle in filling and bleeding the K-series cooling system. Of ourse it will fit any standard size heater hose - although they do a version smaller and a larger one - the cap size is the same on all.

So this time it looks like I could get as many as i want - currently got one waiting for the patient Peter and one for Zak.

Anyone else want one? Or two? They seem to have come down in price considerably since I bought them last century and with the current exchange rate, there is now a good opportunity to annoy the people who bought my original four spare ones by dropping the price or to keep the price the same and bung the excess over to nuke the luke - so I'm going for the second option.

So - tees, delivered, £2.50 in nice black nylon with a rubber sealed cap marked "antifreeze coolant" and "keep tight". I have piccies - some of the tees, some of the nice blue skies and folded rocks here in California, and of my temporary Caterham replacement - Ford 150 XLT V8 crew cab pickup. Let me know what you want a piccie of . . .

i also know where to get the tees complete with attachments for attaching (!) your garden hose to back flush the system - but someone else on another thread is selling those so I won't piggy back / hijack that thread . . . ..

Bri

To anyone thinking about getting one, go ahead and order them now. I have just fitted a bleed tee to my K series (supplied by Grim Reaper, many thanks) and it made bleeding the engine a piece of cake. I have also fitted an 82 degree thermostat in which I have drilled two 1mm holes (as advised by Dave Andrews).

Mark D

Su77on Se7ens *cool*

Making plans for the 2004 Sprint Season

Agree with Mark on this. If you havn't got one then get one as it makes it so simple.

Having fitted a T piece (thanks GR *thumbup*) I have now backflushed and refilled with no air locks and a fan that kicks in exactly as it should. She is now ready for the road 😬

SL No.174

Member No.109xx *cool*

Right, bung me an email to

bcolman@btinternet.com and I'll tell you where to send me suitable rewards.

To those two people who have already sent me an email - please sned it again! this hotel broadband is wonderful stuff, but when operated by a computer incompentant like me, its dead easy to delete the wrong thing just as you notice it's the wrong thing!

Bri