Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Do I need to change the ECU fuse?

Nifty

I read somewhere that there was an issue with blowing fuses for the ECU, or something along those lines, and so people were changing the 20A fuse for a 30A fuse.

Got all the loom on the living room floor at present and it just occurred to me, do I need to do this *confused*

I've got a 1995 1400 Supersport.

Cheers,

Nifty.

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

You may as well. We had a blown 20A (RAC rescue required) fuse and were advised to do so - rescued someone on the A303 who had sat there for 4 hours with a blown 20A fuse - gave him a 30A - been fine ever since. Can happen on start up (did with us) Now always carry a spare fuse, but no problems since we moved to a 30A

(Did I send you the carrotland images Nifty - been so busy recently I cannot remember what I did 2 hours ago, let alone 2 days - the updated ones that is)

NEW Nurburgring Pictures posted

here

55,000miles in 2.5 years

Cheers Angus, it may have been on your site I read it.

No, you haven't sent the "Carrotland" pictures. You did send another disc with the "Carroteers" pictures and I sent an E-mail after this but then forgot. Ernie's now champing at the bit so I'd be grateful if we could get this sorted. Appreciate your help *thumbup*

P.S. If you are sending me a CD could you just download Jackal's latest videos of his Duratec for me too (you are broadband aren't you?). And also the 106 Mb file of the Ring Taxi at the end of his BM section would be very gratefully appreciated......another £10 to NTL *confused* *thumbup*

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

emails sent!

slow genius ☹️ But they WILL get finished. Workshop at work is being completely rebuilt at the moment which does not help. Pleased with the roll cages though - they really work well and give the model proportion. Each one fits on each model at all the correct mounting points, which has to be some sort of fluke!

NEW Nurburgring Pictures posted

here

55,000miles in 2.5 years

I changed mine for a 25 amp circuit breaker - as well as being able to reset if it trips it also offers manual disconnection (via a little button) which I see as an additional security feature *smile*. Oops - perhaps I shouldn't have told you that 😬

SV 52 CAT - moles fly -