Snowy goodness

Myles

My! Snow on the ground! - obviously went to bed too early last night... ☹️

Oh, well - best make the most of it*...

*erm, that means cracking on with replacing the propshaft in the open air *eek*

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Ohhh can you make me a cuppa too.

made the mistake of turning down a non-gritted drove/ shortcut I use to go to work. The 4x4 in front of me just stormed off into the distance while I picked my way gingerly. Still left with me a big smile on my face as I pitted my poor driving skills with the elements.

I set off this morning to go to Manchester from 15 miles NE of York. Got to York, turned round and came home (using the handbrake most of the way! 😬).

The post office van through a hedge and the 4x4 pickup in front of me doing 20mph made me wonder hy the hell I'd set off in the first place! I haven't heard back from my boss yet after texting him this morning to let him know the score.... hey ho! *wink*

Glub!

Well - I did it*!

*diff out, suspension apart, brakes dangling, prop out, all back together again (apart from the traditional spare washers *eek* left over at the end...)

The day wasn't actually all that cold - sun was out for most of the day and the snow had mostly melted. So 6 hours was entirely manageable...

However - at 5:30ish just after I'd finished, I thought I'd best take it for a quick run to check it over...

I'd been lying in a pool of diff oil (hair was kinda sticky...) - so decided to not wear the helmet (aeroscreening, you see) and just take a pair of shades and ear plugs...

The problem with the old prop only came in above 80mph, so I took off gently along a nearby (couple of miles long) bypass... and instantly regretted omitting any thermal/windblocking head protection...

Windchill at 5 deg C and 80+mph (or just about *any* mph) is nasty - that was soooo stoopid 😳 - actually, the effective windchill temp is only -4 degC at 85mph - perhaps the ambient was colder after all...

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...