Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Stack 8130 - Testing the water

Nick M

I'm seriously thinking about selling my Stack 8130 (complete with loom, buttons, sensors and destruction manual) but I'm not ready to do it today. I need to purchase a replacement dash display first but I wanted to see if there was any interest in it at GBP 600 (they're GBP 825 + VAT, and this one also has an air temp sensor which is another GBP 25)

It's the white-faced version with 0-8,000rpm dial and blue led back-lighting. It's pretty cool *smile*

It's been fitted to my car for about 18 months and has been faultless - only reason I'm swapping it is to go for something which includes data logging and which will speak to my ECU as well.

So, if there's anyone out there who is interested but prepared to wait a couple of months then drop me an e-mail and let me know. I'm not averse to offers - worst I can do is say no.... *smile*

Hi Pete

I fitted one of these to my X-flow. It was fantastic.

I changed the dash as the same time as the appeture for the speedo/tach are different to the 8130.

You will need to make a minor mod to the top rail of the dash, by cutting a triangle out of the tube. Very easy if you have a Dremal, and fit tube with silicone

Loom is top quality and well made. Make sure you get the instruction book and senders

Best regards Anthony

The dash will work with any engine - it measures :

- water temp

- oil temp

- oil pressure

- air temp

- voltage

- fuel level

- revs

- wheel speed

- trip meter

- odometer

(and maybe something else I've forgotten - it has some timing functions but I've never used those)

It also has built in low fuel and warning lights (low oil pressure for example) as well as a shift light. I've made up a separate little box with bright LEDs for the shift light and warning light which I'd probably throw in too.

Peter - there are photos in the Demon Tweaks catalogue of the dash unit itself, but I'll see if I have any of it fitted to my car.

Rob - not sure to be honest, but I would expect so. Stack seem to be able to upgrade most of their head units and the loom has the facility to add things like a timing beacon. It would be getting all the inputs for revs, pressures and temps so it shouldn't need much else to actually log the info.

Nick