Click here if you are having website access problems ×

comfy seats

Sprinter

Ah, now I can help.

I am 6ft 1in too. I also have a 1600VX Classic (until someone snaps up a bargain).

I have used the Caterham S-type seat which was in for SVA, but I now use a seat pad which I got from Classic Carriage. It's basically a sheet of two or three inch thick foam which is covered in vinyl by an upholsterer. It then attaches via poppers to the floorpan and the rear bulkhead (with a bend in the middle). Hey Tesco! A comfy seat which allows you leg clearance and to see through the windscreen, as opposed to over it. With the pedals at the back of the pedal box I can just about get my legs straight with the clutch fully down.

It's an easy job to remove if you want to put a std seat back in.

There are after market seats by Cobra and others which you can get thru Europa, but I'd recommend the Caterham seat or the seat pad - personally.

Davebo

C7 CAR

Edited by - davebo on 24 Apr 2001 14:36:47

I can have a look at the Europa catalogue tonight and post tomorrow, although I'm sure there's a website somehwere. I could have a look at the front of the catalogue tonight and...ah, flawed plan.

I seem to remember when I was looking around that i didn't work out much cheaper than a Caterham seat. I think they're about 150 quid-ish and I was looking at a swapover where I got a rebate for my fibreglass race seat of 60 quid anyway so the Caterham seat came down to the same sort of order.

DBo.