Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Brands (wet) patch

Debert

Having posted the sensible messages upstairs, now i can really let you know what i thought of my first track day yesternoon.

I won't make it long and boring, i will leave that for my first published article in Low Flying (ever hopeful *wink* )

It was wet, everywhere, inside and out. Lucky i took a towel (thank you Mr Prefect via Mr Adams RIP) and being a "yottie" (no - not a yeti - they whack penguins wiv baseball bats ) i am happy being wet, as long as i'm warm. Remember children, wet and warm is okay, wet and cold is a dogs nose 😳

Brands is very up and down. Luckily i enjoy rollercoasters (escecially ones where you get wet as well), and knowing the rules, i did NOT have a full english brekky beforehand, otherwise i might have pebbledashed the inside of the windscreen.

It's been a few years since i've worn a skid-lid, end my head must have grown. So first upgrade is gonna be a new head, that's gotta be cheaper than a new helmet. Reminder to brain cell, remove speccybubbles BEFORE trying to apply crash helmet to bonce.

I never used to like Monsewer Shoemuckker much. Now i appreciate just what it takes, so even though i now only just don't like him coz he's an arrogant box-head, i now admire his driving skills. I still think that he's more of robot than Arnie as the Termynator tho *tongue*

Next on the upgrade list is: 1. Faster car 2. Sequential box 3. More track time to practice 4. Better brakes 5. Faster car 6. Noisier exhaust 7. Faster car 8. Better tyres 9. Even more track time 10. Faster car 11. Faster car 12. Faster car .... Think i see a pattern emerging here....

Finally (i actually cut a lot of this post out ) A BIG THANK YOOOOU

(Oscars time .... without the tears or dinner jackets)

To the following .....

Geoff P for the Club side of organising, and friendly emails that answered all my stoopid questions.

The Club and all who sail in her, well, just for existing i spose, and for letting me join.

Evo, oranisers and admin, i'm sorry i've never bought your comic, just nicked it from the dentist / hospital / cafe / whatever. Do i still qualify as a novice for next year's event?

Caterham, for all things Chapmanesque, and specially for my car, coz it's the best, but we all say that don't we.

Brands Hatch gang, very professional, smooth day, hope the marshalls got enough tea & bikkies, some of 'em looked a little chilled.

Hey, where's that big hook coming from?

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message See Barbarella here...

PS: Forgot to say ... Jen MUST have a go on the track ASAP !

Are we allowed a car each, Mr Bank Manager ?

PPS: I now know why the "Grinning Idiot" has been adopted as the unofficial icon for blatchatters .... 😬

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message See Barbarella here...

Edited by - Fletch on 26 Feb 2004 00:39:40

Good to see you again at Brands Fletch *thumbup*

I also had a good time, although with hindsight aeroscreens may not have been such a good idea 😳 A very wet track day followed by a very wet drive home round the M25 has resulted in a race suit so sodden it is still drying outand some very odd looks on the M25 *tongue*

Brands is good fun, especially the uppy-downy bits 😬 Next stop Llandow *smile*

Tam

Not sure about "Noisier exhaust" - unless you put a trailer on the list. I forgot my earplugs and by the time I'd played chicken round the M25 with the hood up I WAS A LITTLE BIT DEAF. Still, better than being soaked to the skin like some wally *arrowup* *arrowup* *arrowup* who had aeros in, excuse me, February...

And if you got wet on the track... it's because you weren't going fast enough 😬 Above 20 mph the rain goes straight over your head *tongue*

M1 7 SMW R200 (aka 1.4SS) Mem.No. 10376