Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Instructions for fitting TBs

Red SLR

• 5 months later...

Simon,

When you say "Dont beleive what people say when they try to sell you their products." you are absolutley right.

I have proven what QED stated when they sold the bearings which caused my engine to blow up last May.

They are coming out with some unbelievable prose to try to defend themselves.

I am considering giving you all the pleasure of sight of all correspondance from QED or their representatives very soon if they or their insurers do not cough up out of court!

Fat Arn

The NOW PROVEN R500 Eaterid=red>

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website hereid=green>

If I fit big-ends to rods with high loadings I'm always careful to specify lead-indium type bearings from the outset and I carefully examine what is supplied to ensure that they conform to what I know I should be getting. If QED supplied reticular tin or white / babbit metal then the colour and texture of the bearing material should have been a *huge* clue, a blind man on a galloping horse could spot the difference between white metal and lead-indium.

Rule 1 : Always know what you need.

Rule 2 : Always buy what you need.

Rule 3 : Always check that what is supplied is what you ordered.

Oily

P.S. Johncg, I have emailed you...

Oh dear!

In my opinion the employes at QED are a bit slap dash, and inspire no confidence.

Also I spent what I consider a large amount of money with them and the service I got was total rubbish. I would not let them touch my car with a wet stick let alone a spanner.

I have taken the decision to do get some work done on my car over the winter and I will only let one person do that work now!

X777CAT

QED are very clear in stating that they *don't deal with customer cars*.

QED will sell you an engine to a spec, or engine bits but responsibility for everything working in the installation is in the hands of the customer.

When I started talking to them about flywheels for a 5.5 inch clutch I sent them *my* engineering drawings that showed that their measurements weren't going to fit. They amended their design to my drawings and gave very good service.

QED do not pretend to know very much about Caterhams which is fair enough.

My comments were just based upon my experiance.

They also sent me a blank ECU with no base map on it, I had to return the ECU and get another one off them. Then the ECU they sent to replace that one was locked and the RR people had to wait 2 days for a new dongle to arrive.

I am sure this is an isolated case. But this has put me off using them again.

X777CAT

My experiences of dealing with QED have been fairly good, but then I have assumed exactly what Peter has outlined above during dealings with them and been extremely pedantic about exactly what was required. They supplied one wrong part (supplied wrong by the manuftr) which was quickly replaced on an order of around £13,000.

Oily