Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Myles

Oh dear.

I just dropped my mobile into the lavatory...

...fortunately *before* using it (the lavatory, not the mobile)...

And *more* fortunately, this was my backup mobile - I'd been charging my 'current' one...

Still 🙆🏻 though...

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Ric, the bizarre aspect of this silly episode is that the phone was in the side-pocket of my jacket - it must have thrown itself to its' doom....

My usual phone normally lives inside a vertical breast pocket in a Rohan fleece thing - and I have almost lost it before whilst bending down with the zip undone - but how the other phone made it out of a deep, horizontal pocket, I just don't know...

...I washed it off (couldn't see any harm given that it was wet already) and placed it on the radiator. I'll check it for function and niffyness in a day or two 😳

And then probably donate it to charidy *tongue* *wink* *eek*

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Myles.....just too much information...... *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek*

(although have nearly dropped the house cordless down the loo when I forgot it was clipped to the back of my jeans *tongue* *tongue* *tongue*)

Bx

Caterham 21 1.8K 😬 😬

(K8 XTC formerly R351 BMX) 😬

*eek*

I think you're all very mean to Man U ☹️ - but I'll come back to that later.

I don't support any team and don't pay any attention to the game. I think the players have vastly inflated opinions of their worth; receive vastly inflated salaries for what they do (and yes, I do appreciate that they train for long hours and can have their careers cut short by a misplaced kick or tackle).

As far as see it, Manchester United have had an unfair proportion of disasters and have risen on several occasions from a nigh-on hopeless position. My mother's uncle was killed in the Munich aircrash (he was the club secretary) and his widow was financially strapped for the remainder of her life, I believe. That was in the days when the players and support team received a 'living wage' only. Matt Busby did an incredible job of re-building the team. They have had other ups and downs since then and because of a strong marketing team, are able to buy their way to the top of the premiership, rather than building from their schoolboy stock (although they still have a nucleus of players sourced this way). To my mind, football support has spiralled out of control. How people can kick, stab, maim or kill people just because they're wearing the wrong colour scarf is beyond me! Why kids have to be pester their parents to buy them the latest club strip as leisure wear is equally incomprehensible.

Some years ago, soccer started to get a name for attracting 'the wrong sort of supporter'. Maybe it was a "basking in reflected glory" syndrome. You hardly ever saw fighting on the terraces at 'amateur' rugby union games. Now the 'gentleman's game' has become professional, they seem to be attracting a similar thug element... not to suggest that any of you fine chaps lay the boot in when your preferred team loses of course *tongue* *wink*

Ah, I feel better now 😬 but I think I'll keep the protective outerwear on for a while *eek*

FH *cool*

I have to agree with FH on the wages that premiership players get paid. I think it's obscene.

What annoys me is that playing for your country is no longer seen as an honour. I understand the pressures from the club and importance of league, FA Cup etc games. But not to give it your all or to put on endless amounts of substitutes does nothing for the game or supporters who have oftened paid lots of money to see the match.

Sorry - rant mode off

I agree on pretty much all of that FH. Just listen to average football palyer in an interview and then the average rugby player - its pretty obvious which you'd rather talk to....

I think a lot of the Man Utd hating comes down to the fact that nobody has been awarded a penalty against Man Utd at their home ground for something like 5 years

HOOPY R706KGU Hoopylight R