Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Bye 'eck - that's a cold wind....

Myles

Just spend an hour and a half or so installing a couple of junction boxes in the 7 to tidy up some of the 'accessory' wiring (intercom, road angel, shiftlights etc. etc.)

The car is out in the open -and although the sun is shining and the temp in the shade is about 8 degC, the windchill is horrendous.... ☹️

And I've still got to sort the drivers seat out (secure a loose bolt, or replace the lot...),have a play with the steering rack, and see how easy it would be to rearrange all of the switches so that the redundant ones (wipers, heater/heated screen etc.) are hidden under the passenger tonneau - with the useful stuff that I can't currently see (hazards, foggy, brake test) in easy reach...

We'll be lighting the fire again tonight then 😬

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

I really need a garage as well...

I want to totally replace the engine loom and remove a lot of unnecessary underdash wiring and fit junction boxes so I can easily plug in the instruments, autocom, immobiliser etc etc to either be always on, on with ignigtion, on with lights etc etc. I need to actually fit the immobiliser as well...

Also I need a new dry sump tank i think

secure the MFU and battery better - should be and easy job with some foam and bits of ali

get and fit a high level brake light

POR-15 the track rod arms and a few other bits

redo the tonneau and doors and they don't fit that well anymore

fit front exhaust mount

make the driver's seat adjustable for either Em or me to drive

Get and fit ali light blocks

then there's the new dashboard and instruments and new brakes

and finally things like a plain powdercoated ali transmission tunnel and alighter pedal setup....

ho-hum - lots to do...

HOOPY R706KGU Hoopylight R

I actually got almost everything done...

Leccy boxes sorted out (the new gas powered soldering iron works quite well *smile*, seat refitted with cap-headed bolts, numberplate light replaced, steering rack fiddled with (but no breakthrough), gearbox plug located (ooh, I can try arsein* around with that next *mad*)...

Couldn't rearrange the switches - same problem as Hoopy - helluva rats nest in there - and the main kit is tiewrapped fairly neatly together...

Still got plenty to do though - tx vibration, POR15ing, bleeding the brakes perhaps, replacing corroded self-tapping popper screws with something else... Joy! You can shove your tintops.. *cool*

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Hoopy - "plain powdercoated ali transmission tunnel" - is yours a plain ali one? If you manage to replace it with something decent looking (mine has been crunched by the seatbelt buckle and my shoe too many times!) let me know 'cos it's on the list!

*thumbup*

Though I have to watch for Mrs GTD's mumblings about replacing me with something cheaper to run!

*wink*

G 4 Geoff

New colour scheme here

Very interesting! Will add to next winter rebuild after the rigours of this seasons racing!

My hadbrake is buried somewhere under the dash, so won't get in the way!

G 4 Geoff

New colour scheme here

Edited by - GTD on 24 Feb 2004 10:25:52