Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Washer order

Gridgway

Hi Graham,

Just had a look in the pdf assembly guide I have, and according to the piccie, it only has the race washers between the dedion and the a-frame - one either side. However it makes no mention of these in the text?! Just says, pop the bolt in!

Of course, it could be that the 'race washer' is, unknown to me, a double sided thing - as in one side plastic, with a metal washer inside it so the other side is metal (I know what I mean) - if that is the case, then I have been no help - and nor is the assembly guide!

What is a 'race washer' and what does it do - just changed the bushes on our car today and there were no washers at all - does the washer fit over inner sleeve of the bush and 'protect' the rubber bit? Sorry answered your question with a question!

NEW Nurburgring Pictures posted

here

55,000miles in 2.5 years

Thanks Angus,

That has made me re-read the build manual. It says "[place] a 3/4" OD, 1/2" ID plain washer either side of the Everymans bush." The next sentence says "Nylon race washers should be placed either side of the Everymans bush."

The table of torque settings only mentions the plastic washers (that's prob the same as the "nylon"). The picture only shows the race washers.

That's 2-1 for the plastic washers only!

Graham