Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Paint Colours

Warren S Smith

Warren,

Been there search for the colour. Saw a lovely colour on a 'W' reg Citroen Saxo. Went to the local Citroen dealer and got the colour name. "That'll be Mango then sir" came the reply.

Finally settle on Kawasaki Lime (VERY) Green. Good luck trying to find a suitable colour but I suspect you won't find it for less than the grand from Caterham.

Steve.

Warren

Look up motor factors in yellow pages and find your local Brown Brothers (alternatively tell me where you live and I'll locate one for you). they will have lots of car paint swatches and the ICI Autocolr ones are by far the best. Just out of interest the colour I reckon you need is the Lotus Camel Racing Yellow which is beautiful. I can get you the paint code in ICI and Brown Brothers could mix you half a litre in ICI Belco (quick drying cellulose) for you to try.

Warren

Look up motor factors in yellow pages and find your local Brown Brothers (alternatively tell me where you live and I'll locate one for you). they will have lots of car paint swatches and the ICI Autocolr ones are by far the best. Just out of interest the colour I reckon you need is the Lotus Camel Racing Yellow which is beautiful. I can get you the paint code in ICI and Brown Brothers could mix you half a litre in ICI Belco (quick drying cellulose) for you to try.

Warren. I work for ICI Autocolor (you may have guessed!). Send me an e-mail with your address and I'll get a colour sample sent to you (I've got some paint in the garage for my car). I'm fairly sure its the colour you want. The citroen mango is a lot "redder" in shade if I remember butI would still recommend going to Brown Brothers as they have colour chips for every car made since 1980 (and sometimes back to the 70's)

Our seven is painted in Mango, looks great, it is the Citroen Saxo colour.

Its our belief that Caterham 'stole' the colour choice Mango from us. They'd never heard of it when we ordered our Superlight in it, when I described it as 'the Citroen Saxo colour' they said "yer that would look great", hey-presto 4 months later the R500 is launched in it. coinsidence? Mmmmmmmm.

"Arrrh, shlammby tack-tack."