Click here if you are having website access problems ×

4 or 5 perfect Minator minilites

chrisb

Hello,

I have just upgraded the brakes and lo and behold my wheels don't fit. I would ideally like to swap (for a small consideration) my neigh on perfect 6x13" minator minilites for a set of more modern ones.

According to Caterham, their new wheels take into account the extra clearance required for the larger brake calipers. Mine are the older design with the lip in the id which prevents clearance.

Failing that, does anyone want to make me an offer for the wheels. (I will transfer the tyres onto whatever wheels I find or purchase)

They are De-Dion fitment, all silver and in mint condition,

Chris

Chrisb -

Mine are the older design with the lip in the id which prevents clearance.

I can't help you out - but I (and perhaps others) would be interested to see pics of what you're talking about - I've got two sets of minators, and it'd be handy to know if they might cause problems with clearance in the future...

Regds,

Myles

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Myles,

OK, I will get some digi photos when I can get to the car.

Basically if you look at the wheels from the "inside" the older design have a change in the id of the wheel. Ie there is a small step where the inside diameter drops by about 1" about 2" from the spokes. Apparantly the newer design is straight through to the spokes giveing that extra bit of clearance.

Much easier to see than to explain clearly *confused*

Chris