Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Emerald software problems

tiddy1

I am trying to install a map in my emerald (first build) but the software will not recognise the coms port on my computer, it tells me it is not valid and to choose another, but there arnt any others?

then it says "ie open- device already open" the coms port has been working fine with other devices

Any suggestions??? as my car is ready to run if only I could get the emerald software to talk to the ECU!

Simon

I had a problem with my Dell notebook / Windows XP which had no built-in serial ports, so I was using a USB-serial converter. The serial port wanted to be COM5, which the Emerald software won't recognise (it only likes COM1-4). I disabled the laptop's built-in modem, rebooted, and the serial port was then COM3 (go figure). Emerald then worked fine.

Are you using a proper serial port or a USB to serial covertor.

Other things like modems use com ports and you can have up more com ports than actual serial ports.

I think the Emerald needs to be on COM port 1 or 2, 3 or 4 may be OK but I think any higher and people have had problems

There was a discussion about this on the se7ens list but I wasn`t paying much attention.

Have engine, diff and tacho.......need car

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec