Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Beaulieu No. 49 For Sale

17Neil17

Caterham Seven

· Black - Limited edition Beaulieu (No. 49)

· 1800cc VX supersprint (120 BHP)

· Five speed gearbox

· 5 off 15” Minator alloys on Toyo TS1 Proxes (Approx. 600 miles)

· 5 off 13” steel wheels on Avon tyres (Approx. 800miles)

· Cycle wings

· Standard trim

· Leather seats

· MOMO leather steering wheel

· Heater

· Full windscreen and wiper blades

· Full weather gear (fitted and then removed and stored)

· Immobiliser

· FIA roll bar

· RED four point harnesses

· Carbon Fibre rear wing protectors

Registered March 2003

Current mileage 1,400

Stored in garage and only driven in fair weather

TOTAL PRICE: O.V.N.O. £ 13,995.00

House extension forces reluctant sale

• 2 weeks later...

It would be nice if you had a link to some photos from your advertisment. As a buyer last year, I was always very keen to see images of the car, to complement the specification. If you have some digital photos, you can send them to me & I'll put them on my webspace - much easier than mailing files.

Edited by - Ferrino on 29 Feb 2004 12:01:05

I disagree. The reason you haven't had much response is because you're asking almost the original price for it!

I think you should be a bit more realistic. After all, a nice K series can be had for 14k.

Martin...he did ask for feedback and Nikita is spot on IMHO...plus even though he's a "novice" with clearly a fondness for the more dodgy end of Reg Dwight's repertoire, I'd say that he knows his Caterhams.

FWIW If I had £14k to spend I'd go and buy a Superlight - one of the few "special editions" that not only holds it's value but is also worthy of the "special edition" tag....all IMHO of course and just feedback.

Having said that, I do wish Neil luck in selling what is no doubt an absolutely mint condition car.

Neil, I'm sure Caterham Cars, Millwood or Woodcote would bite your hand off to SOR the car or perhaps even buy it off you, as it needs no prep work whatsoever...but not for the money you want, I'd wager.

Mark.

Sorry to interrupt the flow of the argument, but I'd just like assure you and everyone else that I have no affinity whatsoever for the "Queen of England"!!!

I agree with the points you make. I'm sure Caterham would be more than happy to make a second profit out of this car at the expense of yourself, Neil. I'd consider this as a last resort if you can't shift it privately.

• 3 weeks later...

You will need to spend nearer the £16,000 mark to get your £12,950 de dion classic anywhere near to the specification of the Vx being advertised. Plus also the Vx 1800 is quicker.

Under the circumstances £12,750 seems a reasonable price with what is a very high spec'd, almost new car.

I disagree it would cost near £16000

Paint at cost £150

Leather seats £250 (I would prefer race seats at £100)

MOMO leather steering wheel £250 (inc quick release)

Heater £250 (but who needs a heater)

Full windscreen & Full weather gear £855

FIA roll bar £150

Harnesses £150

Total around £15,000 (VAT Qualifying - £12800 plus VAT) and thats for a De-dion not a live axle. If I remember correctly a live axle VX was around £2000 less than a De-dion K Classic (but I may be wrong)

Good luck with the paint brush 😬 😬. According to my Caterham price list standard paint is an extra £795 plus there's Caterham's delivery charge which bring's it past the £16k mark unless I guess you're planning on popping the parts in the back of your car.

As regards the price differential - remember that this car is fitted with the optional Supersprint engine which was around a £1200 option at the time.

Edited by - JasonL on 23 Mar 2004 21:15:04

Ha Ha Ha Ha, I've only just stopped laughing.

Nice bit of sarcasm there JasonL "Good luck with the paintbrush"

A caterham (or anything for that matter) is only worth what someone else is willing to pay. In this case if no one is willing to pay £12750 then it isn't worth that much. It would be interesting to know what Caterham Cars would pay for this car.

As I said in my original post I would be interested in this car but not at £12750.

The day that we judge the value of cars based upon what Caterham Cars will give us will be a sorry day indeed for us all.

I agree that the price of the cars is determined by what you but also many other people are prepared to pay for, for what is a sought after car in the right condition and specification.

Good luck with the wanted add & hope you get the bargin you seek and so clearly deserve.