Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Interlock PVC garage floor tiles

rynicolson

Firstly, the Chairman has said OK.

I am interested to know if anyone is themselves interested in making next year's winter upgrade more pleasant in the shed / garage / outhouse by a bulk order of PVC floor tiles.

These are self locking, free laid, multi coloured tiles made by http://seal.interfaceinc.com/ who supply many motor racing teams.... apologies for the Westfield in the picture!

I have access to these, as sold through companies such as Screwfit, Homebase and even now the John Lewis Partnership. general retail price is approx £40 per square metre.

I should, dependant on interest, be able to offer them at about half this rate if the interest is there. Any club official out there... then I am happy to offer this to non blat chatters also (perhaps through Low Flying?).

I will not benefit at all, and the manufacturer will make no sales profit, merely cover manufacturing cost, distribution and administration... they will therefore recover in their manufacturing variances by having a small amount of additional volume. But this is not represented as a net margin gain.

If anyone is interested please post here. I will then see if the admin is worth the effort. Please note ideally I want people to take multiples of 3m2 (three square metres) and I will limit the colour / style options to make it more straight forward to administer.

FWIW Yes I do work for the company. But I have had a big enough hassle persuading them so far so if you have a problem with this offer tell me and I will walk away.... I have a nice soft PVC lined garage already. No the company don't advertise in Low Flying and won't.... their sales are in the region of $1.5 bn and I don't think a mag, even as great as low flying would interest them.

regards

Richard 😬

Tricks...aka darstardly

Y57 CDS "Mutley"

Always wondered what it was you did *smile*

I couldn`t find the picture on the website but I think I know what you are talking about as I was goign to buy some last year and then didn`t.

I might be interested but my gargae has a slightly rippled surface so that would need smoothing out first. The garage floor is also sloping for some reason so using a self levelling compound aint going to work too well. I don`t want to start lifting the whole floor either.

I`ll have a think about it and get back to you....put me down as a maybe just now.

Have engine, diff and tacho.......need car

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec

I was given a sample of these tiles to try out and am most impressed with them.

My once chilled concrete floor is now most pleasant to stand on....well it is in front of the lathe anyway *smile* They are available in an attractive grey slate appearance and the jigsaw style links are invisible when laid.

Fitting is simplicity itself they just clik together *smile*

pics

Put me down for 40 sq metres please

Lawrence

Re tyres... Mutley sits happily on the tiles with AO32's... point of note however any tire will leave a brown mark after time, therefore I will propose only dark colours (black 😬) and light colours for border areas. My own garage is done in silver metalic to match car colour with two "drive on" strips in black. Result = no marks visable.

Various surface types and two edge joints, one a open jig saw design and therefore slightly visable and one hidden under a thin capping moulded as part of tile (known as standard and deck).

Dependant on subsurface can be loose laid DIY or could use an adhesive such as Interface's own Factor 4 or F Ball to give long term fix.... if the floor is reasonably smooth a loose lay will be OK.

Only warning is, if loose laid, caution if driving onto ramps should be taken as slippage could occur.

Will give the posting a week or so to get idea of numbers and then sort cost, but as previously posted should be in the region of £20 /metre delivered.

Tricks...aka darstardly

Y57 CDS "Mutley"

Simon.... 1-2 mm you'll be oK with a tackifier adhesive. Looks like this will be a goer. In the office tomorrow (first time in the UK one for 3 weeks so I'll no doubt have loads to do).. but will finalise price and start the ball rolling. Post more later in the week.

Tricks...aka darstardly

Y57 CDS "Mutley"