Click here if you are having website access problems ×

What is wrong with black trousers and brown shoes

simonbell

I`ve just come home from work, changed into a pair of black cargo trousery type things and put on a pair of casual brown leather (trainery stylee) shoes.

The wife is not amused and is suggesting this is a less than optimal combination.

I`ve been told to change the trousers or the shoes *confused*

I think I`m going to be stubborn coz I can`t see the problem

Have engine, diff and tacho.......need car

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec

Maybe it looks like you've stepped in a big pile of poo and your wife is worried about the kitchen floor...

...in which case a swift visit to the eye and nose surgeon might be in order...

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

That's not a mental image I want at this time in the morning 😳

NEVER wear black trousers and brown shoes. Black shoes with brown trousers is fine as long as you're careful about the shade of brown. An even bigger no no is navy trousers and black shoes, although its ok if its a navy suit with smart black shoes. If not a suit, then brown shoe required. Socks are also important - try to avoid the brown shoe/black sock combo or worse still the black shoe/brown sock combo and avoid white socks at all costs, except with trainers but then not with shorts.*

Simple 😬

*Health warning: Not regulated by any known fashion sense *smile*

pyjamas usually - I wash the trousers when I get home and then hang them up and put them on in the morning.

I have trousers for going to parties in, others for interviews and loads for working on the car. Then two pairs that are a bit old for work so don't get worn and the main pair that get worn most of the time...

I can never be bothered to buy enough clothes to ensure I have a good range of them... Maybe I should...

HOOPY R706KGU Hoopylight R

I`m too skinny for an SV.......I`d be rattling about like a pea in a pod.......

If I had a se7en just now the footwear issue wouldn`t be a problem.......red pixie boots go with everything *wink*

Going to look at a cheap Locost tomorrow to fill the gap until the new Birkin arrives *thumbup*

jj, we don`t normally see you down here without your mask on *wink*

Yep, I`ve spoken to Willie and he`s going to come up and have a look.

I need to make a list of what`s required to put it on the road and then find out how much that will cost.

Sounds like the mechanical bits are all sorted, just bodywork, interior, lights and instruments to fit.

He seems to have all the bits except lights, instruments, seats, belts.......

I`m sure I can scrounge the rest from somewhere.

This is going to be Jo`s introduction to se7ening. It`s an 1800 zetec running stock injection so no nasty carns to deal with and should give reasonable power........it won`t be my 220bhp duratec but it`ll do in the meantime *thumbup*

So do I....... *wink* *wink*

If Jo doesn`t go for it there is a good chance it could be seen at a racetrack near you *thumbup*

However I think she will.......I`m just concerned she`ll like it too much and claim the duratec when it arrives *eek*

Wheteher or not I`ll be able to hang on to it will depend on cash required to build the new Birkin. If I can afford both I`ll hang on to it.....

This is of course assuming it is half decent to start with.......

Well that`s that then.....it wasn`t as decent as we had hoped.

There is way too much work to do on it. It doesn`t have brakes, plumbing, wiring looks interesting, it`sll all there but there seems to be twice as much as normal.........chassis isn`t panelled, no exhaust, no roll bar, The shocks weren`t AVO`s..........

By the time I would get it finished I`d be taking delivery of the Birkin.......

IMHO it would be better to start with a new Stuart Taylor package.