Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Supersport ECU and Cams - Pre EU3

KenEvans

Advertising these once more at a reduced price before I put them in the Help the Aged bag since nobody seems to want 138bhp instead of 110bhp.

1.6K Supersport MEMS ECU and camshafts - no immobiliser and plippers

Off my 2000 pre EU3 car.

£350 for a 25% power increase!!

Ken

They are only a matched pair when they carry the same code.

A Rover dealer should be able to match an 'unmatched' 5AS unit & plips with the ECU. The dealer will need to tsf the parts to be code matched to a Rover car of similar age inorder to program via 'Test book'. From memory my very 1st K series had a ECU and plips supplied with the engine but no 5AS unit. I ordered a 5AS unit and the dealer matched the plips, ECU & 5AS.

As far as I am aware - the 5AS unit carries the code which can be coded into an ECU to give a matching pair, ie. the ECU immobiliser will permit MIL programming. Unlike the Peugeot ECU which has a locked code which is unique to the ECU.

SV R HORNET cause its all yellow and black

• Leadership Team

Ken - speak to somebody thats selling 5AS units with plippers (such as eliseparts.co.uk) and source an immobilser for your Emerald. Then re-advertise as a complete Supersport kit including ecu & immobilser, and I'll bet you sell it quickly.

Owners of standard non-supersport cars can be scared away from buying bits that have a complexity attached - you have the knowledge with the mods you done to sort the issue easily therefore are in a different position to your market.

Stu.