Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Scuppered

chrisb

Chris

There are some companies (look on the Interweb thingy) that will deliver you a gourmet meal to your house all ready to cook. Leaping Salmon is one, but you will have to get your skates on and order quickly - if they do your area.

hope that might solve your dilemma. Otherwise it's the takeaway or your own cooking.......I could devise you a very simple menu given likes/dislikes and your promise to donate to NTL??

good luck

Se7en's - the most fun you can have with clothes on Barbarella here

Just do something really simple and one-pot...

If you like Chinesy type food, get a load of veg - some carrots, celery, mange tout, green and red peppers (remove the seeds) 😳, spring onions; courgettes/ c****ber *wink* (optional) and some bean shoots (just about anything you like really) -

Heat a large frying pan and add a dollop of toasted sesame oil and heat to just before the smoke point... toss in the veg and stir for a couple of minutes. There are two ways of ensuring that everything cooks to the right consistency. Either slice the harder veg much thinner and throw everything in at the same time or start with the carrots and add the other veg one by one putting the unmentionable veg in with the beanshoots last.

If you want to add meat/chicken/prawns or whatever, you just slice the raw meat thinly and quickly fry it for a couple of minutes prior to doing the veggie bit. Take out the cooked meat and drain off any excess fat and then add it to the stir fry just before everything else is ready. If you like prawns, get the big chappies. They don't go hard so easily ...ooo-err *tongue*

It really is one of the simplest dishes - looks good and takes so little time. The time is spent in the prep, which you can do earlier in the day!

FH *cool*

*mad* Pedant *mad* 😬 😬 😬

Thinly slice raw chicken, beef or pork... take the inedible bits off the prawns including de-veining them *tongue* chop monkfish or other firm fleshed fish into bite-sized pieces *wink*

p.s. Cheque arrived Myles *thumbup* many thanks *biggrin*

FH *cool*

FH is right - stir fry is dead easy, impressive (when cooked by a bloke 😬) and can be supplemented by some Chinese rice noodles, which only require soaking in boiling water.

For pudding just do something really easy, like some raspberries, topped with a little creme de cassis, and some good quality vanilla ice-cream.

If it all gets too much, throw the apron in and go to Sainsbury's and buy something from their 'Finest' selection.

Ignore Delia - lovely recipes, but you're guaranteed to put on half a stone after one of her meals *eek*

OK....so I managed to pick up a card at the airport.......could have gone for Thornton`s but her indoors is at weightwatchers (I don`t know why mind you) so decided against........

Anyway I`ve got all of tomorrow to sort this out..............might have to dust the old chefs hat off and cook something *eek*

If I don`t post here after Saturday you will know I messed up 😬

Have engine, diff and tacho.......need car

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec

DO AN EL PASO KIT THING!

That way the lady can tell her chum on the 'phone that you've got "aramattic sparces".

The're easy to cook and yummy! Get some popopopoppodums and naans to micro-blast and you're a winner 😬 😬 😬

savin up to be eccentric. but for now, i'll just be stupid...

Waitrose has the best selection of ready-to-cook goodies. 'Gu' chocolate puds are divine.

It's all in the presentation, nice plates and cutlery, flowers on the table.

If no dining room table, a romantic picnic on a blanket on the floor with smoked salmon sandwiches, chicken salad, strawberries and pink champagne?

IMO anyone who moans they are dieting and can't eat half the meal when someone has gone to the trouble of cooking for them does not deserve their partner.

Se7en's - the most fun you can have with clothes on Barbarella here

Thanks for the suggestions, finally went with:-

*thumbup* Scrambled eggs and smoked salmon for breakfast *smile*

Ham sarnies for lunch 😳

Mucho vino & Fajitas for din dins

Cheers peeps...

Then on a different subject, yesterday K comes out with this beauty:-

"As opposed to buying the very expensive carbon bits, you could drink less, and eat less. I'm sure £/lb that would work out very cost effective, as you would 'save money' and lose weight" 😳