Click here if you are having website access problems ×

hoses from heater matrix to diverter valve ????

Crany

I have bought and fitted the three piece silicone hose kit from Caterham (1.6 K Supersport) and bought also the two hoses that go from the heater matrix to the diverter valve thingy, these do not appear to be the correct size or shape, the outlet on the heater matrix is 13mm dia and the hose i/d is 15mm, both parts look to long (part no CX 5821 & 5823), as the old ones are have started to split I don't want to risk using them, any ideas ?

Mark.

Mark, I presume you're talking about the latest (after about 1995) plastic bodied heater. If so than I also had those two hoses swell and perish.

The hoses are actually tapered and quite intrically shaped - I wasn't aware you could get them in silicone.

In any case I replaced mine with OEM hoses. Caterham couldn't supply so I tracked down the manufacturer (Clayton Heaters Ltd., Coventry) and got them from there for £8 inc. post. Their number is/was 02476-691916

Paul

ps. I guess the part nos would help:

cx4608

cx4609

Just noticed I got 50% discount on the parts..amazing *eek*

Edited by - Paul McKenzie on 11 Feb 2004 16:05:22

Paul,

Sorry, no you cant get them in Silicone, I am just trying to get rubber replacements, I spoke to Clayton and they think they have one of the parts but possibly not the other, they are getting back to me, it was also mentioned that they no longer make the heater, could be why the latest bits don't work on my 97 car, thanks for the info.

Mark.