Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fire extinguisher

The Striker

Have just purchased a 1.75kg ext hand held model where do most people mount them, it will fit on the rear bulkhead between the seats Just, but does anyone have a better idea i use the car on road with passenger as well as sprints hillclimbs, it does have a FIA bar and removable petty strut which is fitted for competition days *confused*

Visit here for all your tow car requirements 🤔

*most* people mount them under the passengers knees... - but why not mount it under your knees instead (assuming you have a removable wheel and are fairly fit - it will make entry and exit harder)

When I'm strapped in, I can't reach (esp. after a winding shunt) into the passenger footwell - whereas I reckon I could manage my own (assuming that the extinguisher is not going to come loose and get under my feet under normal conditions....)

Having said that, I'm sitting pretty with a boot-mounted remote system (noting that in road use, the safety pin is also in the boot... *eek*)

If you are entering into any kind of competition, you'd be best off checking their regs....

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

• Support Team

Most people mount them in front of the passenger seat either widthways across the car so they are under the passenger's knees or lengthways so that they can put their legs either side of it. Make sure that you can get the extinguisher out easily.

Shaun

Yellow SL *cool* #32

I'd go for under the passenger's legs too. Between the seats means it could fly off and explode I believe, but no doubt someone will be along shortly who knows the specifics.

I've tried putting my little one (can't remember the exact size) on the strut by the passenger's left knee, but may well move it to under their thighs, if only for the excuse to grope the missus while doing the pre-flight safety briefing 😬