Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

How long do your YOKOs last?

strongy

I have recently fitted 032r's to my Xflow. What experience do others have about their wear rates please. Mine seem to be about half worn at the rear after only 1800 road miles. *confused*

Cheers

Strongy - trying my best to convince 'er indoors that there's no need to sell it 😬

Having taken a look at the graphs, are you sure the centre wear on the rears is normal? I would have said they were over inflated, but then again I am going on a comment made down at Kwik Fit about my Beemer's rubber.

g

Superlight R #41

Good lad Strongy , I'm surprised they have lasted the 1800 miles *cool*

Are they the soft or the supersoft compound ?

I found that when the 205 tyres were streched on a 8" rim the center wear problem disapeared .

Dave

Lotus 7 Club Speed Champion 2003 *eek*

South Wales Area Organiser *smile*

C7 TOP *tongue*

• Leadership Team

32Rs - try running "S" on the front (185s) with "H" on the rear (215/50-13 on 7" rims) - I've done near 3000 miles and there's loads left. It's a good compromise for a road & tracked Seven.

Stu.

Dave, you are quite right that Bridgestones can't really be compared with Yokos and I wasn't really making a comparison, more proposing an alternative for those who don't want to change tyres every 3k.

I loved the handling with 032s and if you do short weekend blats and trackdays they are prob. the better choice. However for a weekend touring/visiting people with a lot of dual carriageways etc the wear rate is very high and difficult to justify if you are travelling in a straight line. 720s are better in this regard at the expense of grip but are widely held to be better than the other "standard" tyre offerings.

As ever there is no "right" tyre, you pays your money...

Personally i WOULD NOT run hard on the back, this compond is too hard for a seven, you will not get enough heat into the tyre!

Therefore grip will also suffer, a lot of people run Super Soft on front and soft on rear!!

This time of year you even can't get much heat into the soft rears without really trying 😬

Martin

MW 51 CAT

Superlight No.171

• Leadership Team

Martin - my comment would have been the same about the hard compound, but I bit the bullet and bought the tyres, therefore can comment from a position of experience. The setup I'm currently running I have to say is one of the best all-round setups I found on a Se7en - on the track there's little that can touch it other than cars running ACB-10s or CR 500 shod SLRs - all running substantially wider tyres.

Stu.

I'm gonna order my A048r's today so i'm very interested in your comments, either way they will be way better than the Michelin MXT's that are fitted at the moment !!

So, i'm gonna order 185/60/14's on the front and 205/60/14's on the back, this sound sensible??

Thanks.

Tyres for UK roads do not need to be e marked . Legislation states that they have to be "fit for purpose" , hence the speed rating and load have to be suitable for the car . So no problems there .

It is however illegal to *sell* non E marked tyres in the uk for highway use .

This being the response when I asked the Ministry this very question last year .

Dave