Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Lotus Super 7 – Series 4 *** For Sale ***

mauricecain

With all due respect, that comment about the beach buggy has never really made any sense whatsoever. If we are simply applying the criteria of minimalist design, open top and fibreglass construction etc then the S1, 2 & 3 are equally as close to the pre Bruce Meyers designs of beach buggies as the S4 is to the Manx/SR etc.

I accept that people will call the Seven whatever they like however it want take away from the pure pleasure you get from driving one. I am sure that anyone who has had the experience will have nothing but admiration for their handling and thrill ability.

They look particularly good in yellow, eh Maurice! *smile*

They were a design for the 70's as much as the S1 was for the 50's and then refined for the 60's in the guise of the S2 & 3. Whether you like them or not is down to personal taste. Personally, I love them.

That was manufactured in the mid-late 80s from a pile of bits, by the chap that designed the S4. He incorporated a host of 'improvements' including a higher ride height! The person who owns it in Japan is under the misapprehension that is is the S4 prototype and a very important car!

PS: S4s were made up until 1979.

Edited by - paul w on 9 Feb 2004 19:54:47

They were made under licence from Lotus in New Zealand until 1979. They are badged as Lotus and carry Lotus chassis plates etc. Approx 100 were made, the first 50 from imported kits, the second 50 from one of the original sets of jigs and moulds which was sent to NZ.