Click here if you are having website access problems ×

drysump for Zetec

metal mickey

I'm thinking of dry sumping the zetec and want to know anyones opinion on who's sump/kit to use. I like the look of Racelines

kit, has anyone used one? Also is there room for the tank behind the radiator. I like Alex Wong's solution but I have a heater,

has anyone ever put the tank in the boot? Why not? Any advice greatly recieved, thanks.

Mike

I seem to remeber seeing a light blue Seven, at Curborough, with a BD somethingorother and a dry sump tank in the boot area, together with a very small tank. I think Mike Kendrick is a name that rings a bell but someone might correct that.

As I'm hoping to go track daying with my Raceline sumped Zetec, whats the problem?

Travellin' Man

Tony Boyd

97,000 miles in 6 years!

Let me know how you get on with your raceline sumped car on the track. Mine suffers from terrible surge when you start throwing it around the race track (raceline sump). Which is why I'm thinking of switching to the dunnell one.

Julian

What did you experience as surge? Did the pressure drop and, if so, to what level? Did you get big ends knocking?

i had hydraulic tappets not pumping up when i started but a new, updated set cured the problem.

ttfn

Tony

Travellin' Man

Tony Boyd

97,000 miles in 6 years!

No, the problem occured at high revs, over about 4500. it just sounded as if the engine was running rough, even when i allowed the revs to drop to tickover, but diusappeared after a few seconds of running at tick over. this is apparently common on early mondeo Zetecs. check your engine number with Ford to see if there any after manufacture recalls. that's how i got mine sorted out.

Travellin' Man

Tony Boyd

97,000 miles in 6 years!

It dropped to an average of about 2.5 to 3 bar around a given lap. which basically manifested itself as tappet rattle, which calmed down after you let it idle for a while. I was going to just ignore this problem, but the tappets wore out V quickly as a result of doing too much track time whilst with this surge problem.

I have just replaced the tappets because they had been damaged from doing too much track mileage like this. I too had heard about the recall for the tappets from ford , but this wasnt a problem with my particular engine.

The tappet problem was eventually cured by replacing a valve in the head that appeared to be to keep oil in the head when the engine was switched off! Not sure how or why it worked but it did the job for me. I'll have to try soem big roundabouts and see if it's still manifesting itself.

Travellin' Man

Tony Boyd

97,000 miles in 6 years!

Clive Kenrick is your man with the tank in the boot area. He is from Kenrick Motors of Llangollen, North Wales. Directory enquiries should flag the number up. I may be wrong, but I think that they are Caterham agents as well.

John

Clive Kenrick is your man with the tank in the boot area. He is from Kenrick Motors of Llangollen, North Wales. Directory enquiries should flag the number up. I may be wrong, but I think that they are Caterham agents as well.

John

John

John