Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Outdoor car cover

Matthew Willoughby

I have a Covercraft breathable soft fabric outdoor with lock in grey breathable fabric. Tiny burn where contacted with the exchust once, but otherwise practically like new, offers (baring in mind a) its 2nd hand but good condition, b) they are £200 in the shops, c) its surplus to requirements my end

Coversystems covers are good (plenty of recs in BC if you search) - and come in at under 100 quid new...

here

I've started using the corner loops with extra straps - and it stayed on fine in the recent high-winds (I've had it partially peel off previously with just the underbody strap in place...)

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

I stand corrected (sorry I bought cover systems cover ex-demo 2 years ago for £125), and it was supposed to be knocked-down from £200 - that's showroom prices for you. I may as well hang onto it if I can't return more than £75, so I would recommend buying new if they can be got for under £100

A new one should last you well, if you pack it carefully it easily goes in the boot of a 7 too so you can carry it around with you (pack a medium size bungee too, to pinch it together so it stays on).

Jill Judd in West Sussex does a nice range of taylored covers too, in waterproof or indoor type. I'm thinking of getting her to do me an orange indoor taylored one to fit my R500 on aeroscreen in the garage, and tillet seats, should look nice.

M