Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Autoglym "Lifetime Protection" systems "under the counter..."

Julian Thompson

Ahem.

This is the special kit sold to the main dealers for sale on brand new cars for between £500 and £700 "installed". It consists of the special "hard gloss" resin coating to protect the paintwork and makes water "fall off". When the dealers sell it the give a 10 year warranty!! My under the counter packs won't have this, obviously!

Additionally you get the interior protector stuff (like some form of scotchguard) that they put on all the carpets and upholstry for when the dog throws up.

It also has the hard gloss for glass treatment to make the exterior glass dispel water. There is also a thing called "Screenwash booster" ? (Whatever that does!)

There are some very nice polishing cloths in there too along with the proper main dealer checklist as if you were fleecing a punter for £500 and a little "Lifetime protect" sticker for the window!

As a huge bonus there is the massive green briefcase thingy with autoglym logo and every conceivable Autoglym shelf range product in it like Super Resin Polish, Extra Gloss, Carpet shampoo, Body shampoo, More screenwashes(!), Vinyl and rubbercare, Clean Wheels, a sponge, more polishing cloths, a leather, more chemicals etc......!

I have a limited number of these kits at the daft price of £120 inc carriage!!!!

I have used one on my Porsche and it is incredible, to be fair.

The instructions say that the special hard resin stuff should only be used on paint up to 3 years old but I can't see why this should be so?

If you want one give me a call on 07718 342083 or mail me!

Edited by - Julian Thompson on 5 Feb 2004 20:58:00

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys - Didn't quite expect that response but I've had to call in reinforcements - you should have seen the sales guy's face when I explained I needed another load after 24 hours!! I said I was going to start using it in my workshop (hehehehe - image coming for a radio fit for £25 and getting a £500 treatment free - but you've got to have some imagination!)

There are, therefore, as at tonight, 3 more kits left unaccounted for.

PS I did my carpets and seats tonight in the spray on stuff and must say it is fantastic - water just beads and cleans off really easily!

The only think I must say again is that your car must be spotless when you use it otherwise you'll just lock in the dirt!

Jue *wink*

PS Mike - Don't think I got your mail. I have replyed to everyone who mailed so if you haven't got a reply in your in box then the mail didn't get to me.....

A few weeks ago there was an article in The Sunday Times about 'The Autoglym Car Cleaning School'. I think it was intended for professional car valeters who use their products.

If there is such a thing as a one day course, I've got someone who'd like to go on it. Know anything about it?

PS Cheque's in the post.

Mad Manx

Being a sneaky git and always one to try and do a slightly off beat deal I have managed to snaffle a few more so, Rob, if you want one please give us a call at work on 01625 425033 and ask for Stewart, Mike or myself and we will send it out pronto for you.

Hopefully everyone else has now had mails back confirming supply etc..

Some people are sending cheques which is fine but if you want to get polishing 😬 quickly you can use a credit card no worries.

Hi There Mr Fart (! 😬)

There are some left still. Anyone wanting a kit should call the shop as discussed above and we'll get it dispatched ASAP for you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

-----------------------

I opened a box today to show someone and noticed that the silly sods at Autoglym have left in all the 10 year warranty paperwork. FOR CRYING OUT LOUD DON'T FILL THIS LOT IN AND SEND IT BACK AS YOU WILL GET ME SHOT!!!! As a trade only product you are not supposed to be buying this lot at all!!

(This paperwork pack was supposed to have been taken out!) *eek*