Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

trackdays withouht an appollo tank?

Steveh7

caterham only stock an ant0cav tank for the K series, maybe its not such an issue with the VX, someone will be along to tell us more.

Flaps you have inspired me to come along to the herts meet soon, being a new boy did they steal your pocket money and flush your head down the bog?

Stevo

Being married with 2 children I have no money to steal and my ears are too big to allow my head to fit down the bog. (An advantage only evident in my secondary school 'ears) Was plesantly surprised by the 2 pubs in one night routine, bonus being the drive between. Which reminds me I must get a question out on how does one improve the lights.

Flaps

Flaps,

You have a great car to get on track and the worries above don't apply to the 1.6VX with sensible tyres. I do about 15 races and 10 track days a year with no problems. Just be carefull about what tyres you eventually change to as too much grip will be less fun and cause you some other problems.

MikeW

1600 VX Black/Ali Race No 134

Mike

Thanks for the info, Ifeel a little more comfortable now. Once Mitchelins trashed I am thinking of going Yokohama AO21R 185/70R13. I will be mainly a road user but if I survive the novice day maybe a few trackdays. What is your view?

Flaps

I find it a tad frustrating that Caterham didn't warn me about this to be honest.. I had it happen on the public road! (see my previous post). I even asked: "are there any problems with oil surge and aeriation if I want to go on track days" and the salesman said "no".

Oh well, hope I haven't done any damage, and I've got my Apollo now.

- How can such a cute looking car sound so ferocious! -