Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wish me luck - I'm having an operation on.....

Nick Woods

Friday 13th *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek*

Nothing too serious, they are going to straighten out the inside of my nasal passageways as they are all twisted.

Unfortunately the outside will still be bl *mad* *mad*dy ugly but at least (I hope) i'll be able to breathe *cool*

And I've been advised to take a week off work to avoid infection *cool* although with 2 small kids in the house I might be better off at work.......

Nick

Red and Black 1.6K supersport

Yes, pah! to superstition... Let them try their worst...*

*Mind you, it's a lot easier to say this when it's someone elses nose on the chopping block .

Don't mention necrotising superbugs etc. *wink*

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Assuming that he makes it to the hospital in one piece...

...reminds me of the only bad Friday 13th thing that I can recall happening to me...

I had a cat that liked to sleep next to me in bed - and I used to have rather long hair (and hated washing it - kids, eh!)...

...soooo, I woke up one school morning to find the little bitc* had O/D'd on bacon scraps and hueyed a large quantity on the bed next to my pillow... ...and I'd rolled over into it during the night...

Euuuuugghh! 😳

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Thanks for the cat story Myles *eek* (not....) *wink*.

I wonder if my pillow will look a bit like that the day after the op (and we dont let our cats on the beds ) *eek*

Thanks everyone, i wasnt expecting quite such a response. I was born on the 13th (albeit a Saturday) so it doesnt bother me. Except that my first ever car crash was on a Friday 13th although it wasnt my fault....

Alex :- 'boyish good looks' 😬 (if only....) Unfortunately they are only fixing the inside, not the outside.

I think I'm apprehensive but not worried about it (if you see what I mean) , I'm hoping it goes well and that I can start to breathe properly again afterwards.

Nick

Red and Black 1.6K supersport

Nothing too serious, they are going to straighten out the inside of my nasal passageways as they are all twisted.
Is that so you can show your offspring how sweety insertion should really be done ?

*eek* 😳 *tongue*

Good luck for the 13th *biggrin* I'm a 13th 'babe' too *wink* *wink*

FH *cool*

Mister T,

Spare me a thought then, just rang the doctor and the nice lady said that despite draining my body of blood, there still wasn't enough to do all of the tests, so I have to go back and have another blood test later this week my arm still hasn't recovered from the last one.

*wink*

Rach