Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Catch tank position

shn7

Has anyone got any piccies of their catch tank. I need to install this in addition to the washer bottle (I know I'm a wimp for adding a screen/wipers etc.)

There's already a bracket in the chassis tube on the RHS of the engine bay. This had the catch tank mounted on it but I need to install the washer bottle too. I'm pretty sure a previous seven of mine had the two mounted alongside each other on this chassis tube but could do with some piccies to ensure where ever I mount the two they aren't going to foul anything when the engine goes back in.

TIA

Steve.

Hi Steve,

You could go my route, have a look on my web site. For me I did not want the catch tank anywhere near the exhaust and with throttle bodies and LHD the other side was out. Only an idea, easy to fill up or check 😬

Bits arrived in UK eventually Sat pm, so Daniel will probably collect tomorrow.

Richard in France

Flying fast in my very bright yellow 226bhp Duratec 7, with internal kevlar/carbon panels and pushrod suspension 😬 😬 😬.for pictures of 7 and carbon

Thanks Rob,

I'm thinking of putting the washer bottle in the std? position on the side tube and placing the catch tank as in that picture. Just need to be sure that these positions won't result in anything fouling and that I'll be able to empty the catch tank.

What's the electrical connection on the catch tank in the piccie for? Is it a tank full warning?

Steve.

What's the 'container' with a few pipes & wires & a connector on top with 'purge' written on it. It's behind the washer bottle & infront of the pedal box.

IS IT A CATCH TANK??? even though it's got what looks like breather hanging down below the chasis.

If it is a breather - DO I STILL NEED A CATCH TANK ON THE END OF THIS FOR THE BRANDS HATCH NOVICES DAY??????????????

rog

C7 TNT (it's dynamite)