Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1.4 k series 1993

Peter Coles

after being totaly embarrassed yesterday by being in the royal victoria place multi storage carpark tunbridge wells with my 1.4 k series that would not start and my 14 year daughter i had to lower myself to ringing the RAC, 1st class service as they were there in 15 mins but had to tow me home to tonbridge with the steel bar connected to the rac transit. The Rac man thought the fault was with the vecta imobilizer./ having spent all day upside down in the drivers seat and passenger seat checking all the fuses and relays taking them out and and replacing them I thought i had fixed it when it burst into life, however on the sixth try the engine turned over but would not fire up and i could not hear the fuel pump , any ideas ? by the way when i was in TunWells yesterday the engine would not even turn over but the Battery is ok many thanks

I don't know if this is of any help but I've a similar car, with a vecta imobiliser, which will not even turn over until the imobiliser key is in place.

Nor does the fuel pump start making noises with the imobiliser set. Can you hear the ICVA(???)when you go to start the engine?

Silly question but what colour is the led?

Well thanks Chris & Allen it seems to be ok now I don't know what I did to cure the fault except disconnect every connection and rejoin .By the way the l.e.d. is red when just the battery is on ,but when you put the vecta key in it flashes faster more a bright orange mind you being colour blind does'nt help. Good to hear you had a good eve last thursday Chris hope to see you next time / Pete Coles

1.4 k series (96), my LED flashes red, once the vectra key is inserted the LED is flashing green, one strange thing is that some

times the LED is illuminated and flashing red, at other times

it simply flashes red.Hope this makes sense.

Tony

TonyC

I think you'll find that the indicator 'light' is a bi polar LED and therefore it depends at what angle you look at it! (I may be wrong but it seems that way on mine)

PS. Don't lose your 'Vecta' key(s) 'cos they have lost/destroyed all spare stock so it's a nil possibilty chance of getting another!!!

well thanks all, after speaking to Simon who fits caterhams imobilizers at the factory, he said Vecta are no longer available or fitted so I took the plunge and it has been removed by Simon who was pretty sure that that was the problem/ so now I can go out in confidence, many thanks Y'all for all your response,Pete Coles