Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Use of a Trailer / Hire co. Name?

zak

Hi,

I was to go to Freestyle tomorrow to have AVO suspension fitted to my Seven and get the full 'del monte' setup etc etc. Well, the snow, ice and SALT *eek* 🙆🏻 *mad* have along with a plea from 'er indoors' not to go and slide into a ditch in Feb....again 😳 😳 *thumbdown* means that I want/need to hire or borrow a trailer for a day.

Situation is NOT resolved by waiting for the weather to clear - cos its on a SORN from the 1st of Feb. Doh! 🙆🏻

I am in Aylesbury, Bucks and would hopefully (got to check the towing weight legalities) use my old MkII Golf to tow it. Thoughts anyone?

cheers

Zak

See updated pics of THE car here

You can tow with a golf, Paul Bally from BJT does, his is a newer one but apart from the mkI I don't think Gold vary by that much do they?

You could borrow mine but it's in the wrong place for you. You could phone BJT and try to borrow one "for a test drive". You could set off, get 1 mile and break down, phone RAC and they will carry you to your desitination (you need to break down badly enough for them not to be able to fix it, ECU related is probably the best bet...). You'll need some cheek to be able to get recovered home again afterwards though.

Can't think of any other, more sensible, suggestions.

Sigh, I think at the moment its gonna be cheaper and easier (also more fun) to re tax it and drive it down there when the weather (salt) clears up a bit.

It was an idea - a poor one now it seems!

cheers 😬

Zak

thanks for the offer of a trailer, right now I am thinking that probably the simplest and less costly way is to just get on with it, tax it and drive it. 😬 *cool*

cheers for your kind offers and help

PS. fitted my black windscreen today - what a sod of a job!

Zak