Sprinting Regs

Delberts Wallet

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Area Representative

AdamHay,

I don't think your question has been answered fully yet.

What are the specific regs that the club set for race suits?

It's not the club, but the RACMSA, that we need to satisfy!

The RACMSA require different standards depending on what you plan to do.

The club speed events fit in the "All other events" catagory, for which the required standards are:-

BS6249 part 1 Index A or B(but not partC)

or

BSEN533

or

Pr EN533: 1995 Index 3

or

FIA Standard Overalls

Edited by - Richard Price on 4 Feb 2004 17:06:42

You know, at this rate the meeting at the end of the month is going to be very interesting for those that are going. Sadly I can't make it ☹️ And I haven't yet put in my Championship application due to date clashes Grrrrr........

Someone please put in a good word for the crossflows

Adam,

All the safety side of the club sprints is generally covered by the MSA General Regs. See section Q. Q9 covers overalls etc. Specific bits over and above the GR required by the L7CGB - such as the rollover bar will be specified in the Supplementary Regs.

Brian

Trainee Clerk of the Course,

Perhaps its my old age but this topic is going round in circles still *confused*

Everyone seems to want to pile everything onto the 28th, well thats fine apart from the 28th is not intended to be a bun fight but more a stepping stone on the route forward in the classes for the 2005 season. The intention all along was that the 28th would start the ball rolling and then further discussions would take place between the nominated reps for each class and fellow competitors before coming back later in the year with some clearer proposals in an attempt to please most people.

As I said the changes were primarily designed to clear up ambigouity in the class wording not rewrite the class stucture completely (which in my personal opinion works well) but others seem to have hidden agendas.

My rough agenda is:

1. An intro to Sprinting: what do you need to be aware of!

2. Entry Forms and dates etc

3. Venues

LUNCH

4. Class Structure for 2005

5. Class Reps

6. Next Steps

This will enable people who are new to sprinting to come to the morning session and then only if they want to to attend the afternoon 'discussion'.

Points/Observations gratefully recieved

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* How many events for 2004?????? (It looks like 9) *cool*

BB - as always fully support you and a *thumbup* for the 28th annd the agenda which is now set....

if all we will bee doing is discussing the ambiguiity int he class regs then to be honest some of what has been discussed could be classed as ambiguous such as

*thumbdown* - are cats rerquired in the road going classes for cars after a certain date

*thumbdown* - what else is needed to be classed as 'road legal / going'

*thumbdown* - what is a plenum and which should be fitted to what cars

IMO it is clearly not ambiguous then that

*thumbup* - lightly modified plenum K's can compete in classes 2&3 as long as the 'what is a plenum and which should I fit' apparent ambiguiity is cleared up

*thumbup* - acb10 a 24 compound cras are clearly in classes 3, 5 or 6 dependednt on the othere rules...

what was for lunchy again 😬

cheeres see you on the 28th *thumbup*

Dear All

It appears from an email I have just recieved that people think I am having ago and picking on individuals 🤔 🤔 🤔.

It appears that from this mail some people do want a 'Bun Fight' on the 28th if thats the case fine but you can have the fight without me being there. I refuse to spend my time working on the championship only for individuals in the club to have a go behind the scenes. If you've got something to say air your views in public not in private emails, after all this topic is 9 pages long so you've all had plenty to say.

I had always made it clear that the 28th was the starting point, not the descision point, but if thats what you want then carry on without me,but bear in mind so far this topic has had contributions from a minority of competitors.

I will now not be there on the 28th anymore. If someone wants to pick up the mantle I will give them the contact details *thumbdown* *thumbdown*

Graham

Competition Secretary

so as of the 3rd

So far out of 32 registered contenders (as of last night) only half are attending this event.

that would mean 16 people and 120 bacon rolls, so that would be 7.5 each 😬

also dave I thought you ordered chips and custard *confused*

rob

Difference of opinion resolved amicably 😬 so the teddies have climbed back into the pram on their own *confused*, see you all on the 28th.

Rob you forgot that I can eat at least 20 Bacon Buttys 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬

Graham

Competition Secretary

Hi All

Well I have rather briefly read most posts.

What leaves me some what amassed is how seriously some of you take the sprints. The best achievement I have managed is not being last at one event with a slipping clutch. Made me happy

Well the other fact is few Caterham's are standard. If you all wish to complete equally then all car will need to be in class bog standard Caterham spec. Now even Caterham offer alternatives on each car *confused*.

Now me well known as last or near last in class 5. Still I never fail to have a great day out, is that not what its all about.

I rather think some really content other attend for similar reasons that I do. I will also be avoiding a Scrutineers engine strip down to prove my car is within class. *thumbup*

Even some of the discussions on tyres is affected by weather some great whilst the sun shines all day others not so good. Bit of damp then the advantage changes. VERY few arrive with 2 set of tyres permitted in the same class.

Then again the assumption is that a slightly better mod to the car wins the day. The fact it rained on and off for part of the day is often the real deciding factor. Even the one damp patch can make a big difference to win or being well down the list.

Sprinting is not the same as racing; all other events have a large latitude in what's permitted in a class. Having the fastest car does not mean you win.

Then years ago there were very few trailers at a club event maybe you will go faster, IF your not going to have to drive it back home.

Perhaps banning all arriving with their car on a trailer that are not in class 6. Well all the others are road going. Now that may or may not change times BUT you never know. 😬

This is not sour grapes I would still be near last, that's why I can safely make the point. *wink* Also I get to drive the car more that's a big *thumbup*. May be some are just missing part of the club day. *confused*

As to what would make me go faster.......... loose 5 stone. *eek*

I hope to be at near all events this year and I am very much looking forward to them. *thumbup*

In all of the above I failed to say some are just like sh*t of a shovel in their driving ability.............

The other fact is compare class 1 and 2 times with class 3 to 5 or even 6. 😬

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Edited by - Bilbo on 5 Feb 2004 23:24:02

Hello Chaps! Just poking my head above the wall!

I'll see you all on the 28th, sounds like discussions should be interesting.

BB, I've not read all of the thread but glad to see things are now OK, whatever they were! I'll not be at Lydden on the 10th as I'm doing a track day at Llandow on the 9th and am too much of a wimp to drive back for the sprint.

TTFN

Guy

Oooh, what time should we turn up from on the 28th?

NN 😳

Just sent off entry for first event! (Llandow) 😬

A few questions however:

1.How do I get regs for the Lydden event?

2.I have the std Caterham cloth seats with a headrest--do I have to ditch this head-restraint and fit the 'fixed to FIA bar' type?

Help would be appreciated *thumbup* *thumbup* 😬